Licensing Working Group/Minutes/2020-03-12
OpenStreetMap Foundation, Licensing Working Group - Agenda & Minutes
Thursday March 12th 2019, 20:00 - 21:00 UTC
Minutes to be added.
- Kathleen Lu
- Guillaume Rischard
- Nuno Caldeira
- Michael Cheng
- Simon Poole
- Jim Vidano (sound problems)
Guests: Mateusz Konieczny
Apologies: Nuno Caldeira
Adoption of past Minutes
- 2020-02-13 Accepted
Previous Action Items
- 2017-03-02 Simon to determine existing obligations towards sources listed on the copyright page.
- 2017-05-04 All/Simon to review import guidelines wrt licence “approval”.
- 2018-03-08 All to look at the Working Groups collecting personal information.
- 2018-04-12 LWG to follow-up on the iD editor, as the number of changesets is now included on the changeset comments thread.
- 2018-04-12 Simon to contact openstreetmap.cymru. The LWG will allow use of domain name on the condition that if there's local group in the future, they will have to concede control to them and get agreement in writing, so that if domain expires it doesn't get squatted on.
- 2018-05-10 Jim to sign the LWG NDA.
- 2018-10-11 Simon to ask the board to contact the Working Groups about the NDA and ask people to sign up.
- 2019-01-10 Simon to draft text to developers of apps related to geo/mapping, having OSM in their names or using variations of our logo.
- 2019-02-14 Simon to summarise the advice regarding information requests from law enforcement and send it around.
- 2019-07-11 Kathleen to draft one-line attribution statement for the Tile Licence and get feedback from the LWG.
2019-08-08 Simon to seek legal advice on potential GDPR/privacy issues with a no-deal Brexit.
- 2019-10-10 Simon draft letter to board wrt PD checkbox.
- 2019-12-12 Simon to discuss trademark registration strategy (more countries, additional classes, etc) with lawdit
- 2019-12-12 Simon to get back to Uni Heidelberg wrt track issue
- 2020-01-09 Simon to include text about downstream produced works to the FAQ.
- 2020-01-09 Kathleen to produce 1-2 sentences about osm.org tile licence, to be included on copyright page.
2020-02-13 Simon to finalise attribution document, wikify it and ask for community feedback and if no substantial objection forward it to board.
Currently there is no indication that any agreements will be reached on topics important to the OSMF by the end of the transition period (end of 2020).
Evaluation of feedback.
Discussion with Mateusz Konieczny
OSMF Matrix instance
|Data protection requirements?|
Any Other Business
April 9th 2020 20:00 UTC on Mumble