Licensing Working Group/Minutes/2020-10-08
OpenStreetMap Foundation, Licensing Working Group - Agenda & Minutes
Thursday October 8th 2020, 20:00 - 21:00 UTC
Agenda, members' presence. Minutes pending.
- Simon Poole (chairing)
- Kathleen Lu
- Michael Cheng
- Dermot McNally
- Guillaume Rischard
- Jim Vidano (sound problems)
Adoption of past Minutes
- 2020-09-10 Accepted
Previous Action Items
- 2017-03-02 Simon determine existing obligations towards sources listed on the copyright page.
- 2017-05-04 All/Simon review import guidelines wrt licence “approval”.
- 2018-03-08 All look at the Working Groups collecting personal information.
- 2018-04-12 LWG to follow-up on the iD editor, as the number of changesets is now included on the changeset comments thread.
- 2018-05-10 Jim to sign the LWG NDA.
2018-10-11 Simon to ask the board to contact the Working Groups about the NDA and ask people to sign up.
- 2019-01-10 Simon to draft text to developers of apps related to geo/mapping, having OSM in their names or using variations of our logo.
- 2019-02-14 Simon to summarise the advice regarding information requests from law enforcement and send it around.
- 2019-12-12 Simon to discuss trademark registration strategy (more countries, additional classes, etc) with lawdit
- 2020-01-09 Simon to include text about downstream produced works to the FAQ.
- 2020-03-12 Simon to send to Mateusz the link with the research by Kathleen on attribution on various apps.
- 2020-03-12 Guillaume to talk to the board and get back to the LWG after the board's screen to screen meeting. Suggested feedback to include if the LWG should continue with the attribution guidance in some form as it is now.
- 2019-08-13 Simon to email Queensland authorities about CC BY 4.0 Permission
- 2020-08-13 Guillaume to provide a red-lined version of the attribution guideline to LWG.
- 2020-08-13 Guillaume to ask the board if they will share outside counsel on the attribution guideline with the LWG.
- 2020-09-10 Guillaume to check the Moovit app on his iPhone for attribution.
- 2020-09-10 Guillaume to ask the board and Secretary about Dorothea triaging incoming enquiries.
- 2020-09-10 Guillaume to set-up call with Kathleen and our UK lawyer about trademarks.
Published version https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Privacy_Policy
WIP version https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/GDPR_Privacy_Statement_WIP_Version
Use of AWS for user images (AWS contract includes SCC)
Tile CDN - Fastly
OpenStreetCam (disclose that it’s now operated by Grab, which is a third party)
iOS app routing missing attribution?
- Trademarks (in progress -> Kathleen)
- Incoming inquiries to legal-questions (in progress -> all)
- Law enforcement contact (board?)
- Admin (meetings, Dorothea?)
- Old action items
Any other business
November 12th 2020 20:00 UTC on Mumble