Difference between revisions of "Local Chapters and Communities Working Group/Meeting minutes/2019-09-03"
(No longer draft)
m (Eugene moved page Local Chapters Working Group/Meeting minutes/2019-09-03 to Local Chapters and Communities Working Group/Meeting minutes/2019-09-03: Reflect new name of the LCCWG)
Latest revision as of 20:50, 31 January 2020
- 1 Attendance
- 2 Formally accept Maggie Cawley to the group
- 3 Review the new Local Chapter application
- 4 Update the Local Chapters Working Group / Formally relaunch the LCWG
- 5 Relationship between OSMF and Local Chapters
- 6 Decide on a Chair
- 7 Next meeting
- Clifford - US
- Eugene - PH
- Joost - BE
- Maggie - US
- Rob - UK
- Ben - BE
- Stefano - IT
Formally accept Maggie Cawley to the group
There were no objections. There is no process defined for this decision, so we just did a round and she was unanimously accepted.
Review the new Local Chapter application
The LCWG does not have any formal role in new applications. Currently it is the responsibility of the OSMF Board to review and approve applications. In the future, the LCWG might be willing to take on the responsibility for handling the application process. For now, LCWG could just provide guidance and input during the process.
Update the Local Chapters Working Group / Formally relaunch the LCWG
Joost has updated the wiki with our new membership. We need Terms of Reference for this working group. Key items we talked about:
- Making sure it actually makes sense to want to be a Local Chapter
- Support growing communities
- Joost will find his old draft and send it around for feedback. The WG members should then discuss and finalize the Terms of Reference for this WG before SotM.
- Those who are attending SotM will present the WG to the Board.
- Joost, Maggie, and Eugene will be attending SotM
- (Post-meeting addition: Stefano will also be attending SotM)
- Eugene will send a mail to osmf-talk about the re-launch of the WG to solicit volunteers who want to join the WG.
Relationship between OSMF and Local Chapters
Input from Rob prior to the meeting (note that this is just "thinking out loud" and not an official statement from OSM UK):
Discussed during the meeting
The benefits for becoming a Local Chapter of the OSMF needs to be stronger and more compelling. We think providing some funding from OSMF to Local Chapters should be considered. The role of Local Chapters in the Microgrants project should also be significant. Maybe they can administer the actual money if projects in their territory are accepted (as Local Chapters should be best placed to understand the needs of the community in their region and are registered non-profits).
Decide on a Chair
We decided to appoint Eugene (seav) as chair.
Eugene will set up a poll to schedule the next meeting sometime in October.