Local Chapters and Communities Working Group/Meeting minutes/2021-03-22

From OpenStreetMap Foundation
< Local Chapters and Communities Working Group
Revision as of 15:49, 29 December 2021 by AdamHoyle (talk | contribs) (Created page with "= LCCWG 2021-03-22 meeting = * Meeting started at 16:10 CEST == 0. Attendance == === Present === * Adam - UK * Joost - BE * Maggie - US * Clifford - US * Geoffrey - UG * J...")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

LCCWG 2021-03-22 meeting

  • Meeting started at 16:10 CEST

0. Attendance

Present

  • Adam - UK
  • Joost - BE
  • Maggie - US
  • Clifford - US
  • Geoffrey - UG
  • Jorge - PT

Not present

  • Eugene - PH (with apologies)
  • Anisa - IT
  • Rob - UK
  • Naveen - IN
  • Patrick - CH
  • Besfort - XK
  • Charles - ZM
  • Jonathan - BE
  • Sophie - UK

1. Administrative

1.1. Meeting chair

Chairing by Joost again

1.2. Approval of the 2021-02-22 meeting minutes

https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Local_Chapters_and_Communities_Working_Group/Meeting_minutes/2021-02-22

Approved.

1.3. Previous action items

Items in bold are updates in status or new action items.

Assigned Item Status Source
Eugene Work with OSM India to become an OSMF affiliate Pended
(GL#5)
2020-02 meeting
Maggie, Clifford Support the development of Microcosms Ongoing
(GL#7)
2020-02 meeting
Maggie, Joost Provide a tool for communities to welcome new mappers Ongoing
(GL#8)
2020-04 meeting
Ben Update OSM website to allow affiliated groups to message OSM users Ongoing
(GL#9)
2020-04 meeting
All Resolve overlapping OSMF and LC membership scheme Ongoing
(GL#11)
2020-06 meeting
Eugene Improve the affiliation scheme of the OSMF Not yet started
(GL#12)
GL#5
All Develop/design local community website template/tool Ongoing
(GL#13)
2020-09 meeting
Adam Update OSM website to highlight LCs Ongoing
(GL#14)
2020-10 meeting

2. WG focus items

Per the Terms of Reference, WG members should work on the focus items.

2.1. Building local community cohesion

2.1.1. Support the development of Microcosms (GL#7)

No Change

2.1.2. Provide a tool for communities to welcome new mappers (GL#8)

No Change

2.1.3. Update OSM website to allow affiliated groups to message OSM users (GL#9)

No Change

2.1.4. Develop/design local community website template/tool (GL#13)

No Change

2.1.5. Update the OSM website to highlight Local Chapters (GL#14)

  • Joost to ask advice from CWG
  • Joost to update the wiki page as suggested on issue 15

2.1.6 Talking with local and national governements

  • A lot of interest and activity in several chapters
  • Suggestion: meeting of people involved in this to exchange experience
  • Of note: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OpenStreetMapforGovernment
  • Maybe a full day meeting; perhaps a series of talks and a workshop / birds of a feather.
  • Could be part of the next LC Congress
  • We will work on a talk at State of the Map together

2.2. Facilitating a global exchange of ideas

2.2.1. Moderation subcommittee

  • They are using NextCloud, but needed a budget
  • Felix from FOSS-WG started a trial, but with a set deadline
  • First drafts available soon for review by an inner bigger group

2.3. Improving the Local Chapters affiliation scheme

2.3.1. Resolve overlapping OSMF and LC membership scheme (GL#11)

No Change

2.3.3. Improve the affiliation scheme of the OSMF (GL#12)

3. Other business

3.1 Budget

  • Software development for local community website hosting tool/solution €1000 Eugene: Budget not needed if GitHub pages is the solution. Clifford: OSMF Microgrants can accept such funding for hosting; Rob: multi-year; Clifford says that Microgrants can be flexible in the future.
  • NextCloud instance to keep our subcommittee afloat and keep using ourselves in the future. For the subcommittee especially the forms feature is needed.

Voted and accepted

Meeting ended at 17:15 CEST.