Local Chapters and Communities Working Group/Meeting minutes/2021-06-28
LCCWG 2021-06-28 meeting
Meeting started at 14:05 UTC.
- Adam - UK (with apologies)
- Patrick - CH
- Charles - ZM
- Jonathan - BE
- Besfort - XK
- Rob - UK
- Sophie - HOT
- Naveen - IN
- Geoffrey - UG
- Jorge - PT
- Eugene - PH
- Maggie - US
- Joost - BE
- Can - TR
- Anisa - IT
1.1. Approval of the 2021-05-31 meeting minutes
1.2. Guest: Can Ünen from Turkey
- Can will be observing today's meeting and may decide to formally join the WG in the future.
1.4. Previous action items
Items in bold are updates in status or new action items.
|Maggie, Clifford||Support the development of Microcosms||Ongoing
|Maggie, Joost||Provide a tool for communities to welcome new mappers||Ongoing
|Ben||Update OSM website to allow affiliated groups to message OSM users||Ongoing
|All||Resolve overlapping OSMF and LC membership scheme||Ongoing
|Eugene||Improve the affiliation scheme of the OSMF||Not yet started
|All||Develop/design local community website template/tool||Ongoing
|Adam||Update OSM website to highlight LCs||Ongoing
|Maggie/Anisa||State of the Map presentation link||ongoing||2021-4 meeting|
|Joost||bring together points of views from Local Chapters about how they deal with paid work||asked Dorothea for contacts||2021-4 meeting|
2. WG focus items
Per the Terms of Reference, WG members should work on the focus items.
2.1. Building local community cohesion
2.1.1. Support the development of Microcosms (GL#7)
- Brian gave a presentation about Microcosm during the Mapping USA event. Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBkzcUH0f8s
2.1.2. Provide a tool for communities to welcome new mappers (GL#8)
- Joost to help set-up a meeting between Anisa, Stefano, Midgard and Clifford.
- Anisa contacted Stefano and Clifford
- Clifford gave a presentation about the OSM US instance during Mapping USA. Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55_t_TA9x54
2.1.3. Update OSM website to allow affiliated groups to message OSM users (GL#9)
- No updates.
- Shelve for now.
2.1.4. Develop/design local community website template/tool (GL#13)
- No updates.
- OSM US is still pursuing the redevelopment of their Local Chapter website, including a US-specific map tiles.
- OSM NL is restarting on updating their website.
2.1.5. Update the OSM website to highlight Local Chapters (GL#14)
- No updates
2.1.6 Talking with local and national governments (GL#16)
- See 2.2.2
2.2. Facilitating a global exchange of ideas
2.2.1. Moderation subcommittee
- Subcommittee is now meeting weekly.
- Subcommittee has put out a draft moderation process for review from the review team and LCCWG. Feedback will be incorporated into a next version and then published for the wider community.
- Maggie: share the draft with people who might be interested.
2.2.2. SotM 2021
- Approved submission: https://pretalx.com/sotm2021/talk/review/NPSEZMVEANQSSXHZRHYSX3AQ8WUAHXEL
- Program/outline: https://hackmd.io/3EP_Qm7MRl-gVp7Qd8VYog?view
- US - Maggie
- IT - Anisa
- IN - Naveen
- PH - Eugene
- BE - Joost
- UK - Jez
- CH - Stefan
- LCCWG to invite Allan Mustard. Jorge or Ben to be backup.
- Maggie to create a calendar invite for the speakers for the session.
2.2.3. Local Chapters and Communities Congress 2021
- Agreed to set the date to November 6, Saturday. Announce during SotM 2021.
- Maggie: Mapping USA used Airmeet which makes it more of a "social event"
2.2.4. Best practices around doing paid work for local chapters
- Joost to do a mini-survey - will be sent out today
2.3. Improving the Local Chapters affiliation scheme
2.3.1. Resolve overlapping OSMF and LC membership scheme (GL#11)
- No updates
2.3.3. Improve the affiliation scheme of the OSMF (GL#12)
- No updates
3. Next meeting
Next meeting is on July 26 starting at 14:00 UTC.
Meeting ended at 14:52 UTC.