Local Chapters and Communities Working Group/Meeting minutes/2021-06-28

From OpenStreetMap Foundation
< Local Chapters and Communities Working Group
Revision as of 22:36, 26 January 2022 by AdamHoyle (talk | contribs) (Add meeting minutes)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

LCCWG 2021-06-28 meeting

Meeting started at 14:05 UTC.

0. Attendance

Not present

  • Adam - UK (with apologies)
  • Patrick - CH
  • Charles - ZM
  • Jonathan - BE
  • Besfort - XK
  • Rob - UK
  • Sophie - HOT
  • Naveen - IN
  • Geoffrey - UG

Present

  • Jorge - PT
  • Eugene - PH
  • Maggie - US
  • Joost - BE
  • Can - TR
  • Anisa - IT

1. Administrative

1.1. Approval of the 2021-05-31 meeting minutes

https://hackmd.io/w81Nr3v-Qte1VorlZxr0dg?view accepted

1.2. Guest: Can Ünen from Turkey

  • Can will be observing today's meeting and may decide to formally join the WG in the future.

1.4. Previous action items

Items in bold are updates in status or new action items.

Assigned Item Status Source
Maggie, Clifford Support the development of Microcosms Ongoing
(GL#7)
2020-02 meeting
Maggie, Joost Provide a tool for communities to welcome new mappers Ongoing
(GL#8)
2020-04 meeting
Ben Update OSM website to allow affiliated groups to message OSM users Ongoing
(GL#9)
2020-04 meeting
All Resolve overlapping OSMF and LC membership scheme Ongoing
(GL#11)
2020-06 meeting
Eugene Improve the affiliation scheme of the OSMF Not yet started
(GL#12)
GL#5
All Develop/design local community website template/tool Ongoing
(GL#13)
2020-09 meeting
Adam Update OSM website to highlight LCs Ongoing
(GL#14)
2020-10 meeting
Maggie/Anisa State of the Map presentation link ongoing 2021-4 meeting
Joost bring together points of views from Local Chapters about how they deal with paid work asked Dorothea for contacts 2021-4 meeting

2. WG focus items

Per the Terms of Reference, WG members should work on the focus items.

2.1. Building local community cohesion

2.1.1. Support the development of Microcosms (GL#7)

2.1.2. Provide a tool for communities to welcome new mappers (GL#8)

  • Joost to help set-up a meeting between Anisa, Stefano, Midgard and Clifford.
  • Anisa contacted Stefano and Clifford
  • Clifford gave a presentation about the OSM US instance during Mapping USA. Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55_t_TA9x54

2.1.3. Update OSM website to allow affiliated groups to message OSM users (GL#9)

  • No updates.
  • Shelve for now.

2.1.4. Develop/design local community website template/tool (GL#13)

  • No updates.
  • OSM US is still pursuing the redevelopment of their Local Chapter website, including a US-specific map tiles.
  • OSM NL is restarting on updating their website.

2.1.5. Update the OSM website to highlight Local Chapters (GL#14)

  • No updates

2.1.6 Talking with local and national governments (GL#16)

  • See 2.2.2

2.2. Facilitating a global exchange of ideas

2.2.1. Moderation subcommittee

2.2.2. SotM 2021

2.2.3. Local Chapters and Communities Congress 2021

  • Agreed to set the date to November 6, Saturday. Announce during SotM 2021.
  • Maggie: Mapping USA used Airmeet which makes it more of a "social event"

2.2.4. Best practices around doing paid work for local chapters

  • Joost to do a mini-survey - will be sent out today

2.3. Improving the Local Chapters affiliation scheme

2.3.1. Resolve overlapping OSMF and LC membership scheme (GL#11)

  • No updates

2.3.3. Improve the affiliation scheme of the OSMF (GL#12)

  • No updates

3. Next meeting

Next meeting is on July 26 starting at 14:00 UTC.



Meeting ended at 14:52 UTC.