We welcome OSMF members to observe the public meetings and ask questions
Public board meetings are generally held online once per month - currently on the 3rd or 4th Friday of the month, at 14:00 UTC and we always welcome new observers from OSMF membership.
- We ask that observers mute their microphones, and to preserve bandwidth, to refrain from turning on their webcams.
- At the end of the meetings, anyone in the audience may add comments or ask questions in the chat or voice channel.
From May 2020 onward the board also holds mid-month video chats (not open to observers).
Online calendar: https://framagenda.org/apps/calendar/p/cDnygiHq4aLGZ6pA
Showing public and non-public board meetings, including face-to-face meetings, meetings with guests and some Annual General Meetings (November 2017 onward).
Online meeting room: https://osmvideo.cloud68.co/user/ror-nt7-6tu
In 2020 we shifted from audio conferences using Mumble to video conferences using BigBlueButton on Cloud68's server.
Date of next public meeting
Appears on the table below, once the date has been set. Public meetings are also added to the OSM wiki calendar, osmcal and to this Framagenda calendar (which also includes non-public board meetings). Approximately one week before the public meeting, there is an announcement on osmf-talk, the mailing list for OSMF members (you need to be an OSMF member to subscribe. All messages are available here).
Add future board meetings to your calendar
If you want future board meetings to be automatically added to your calendar, you can subscribe to the following iCalendar link. Instructions on how to do that depend on which calendar software/service you use. The link is provided for your convenience.
Please note that:
- It might not work when Framasoft servers experience problems.
- You might get delayed updates, depending on how often the calendar service from your side syncs/checks for updates.
- Both public and non-public meetings are added to this calendar. The later ones have a note in their description about being non-public.
The next meeting's draft agenda is usually shown with its future date at the top below. The Secretary is responsible for the Agenda.
- Topics: proposed by any board member.
- Topics lock: topics get locked one week before the meeting. Time-sensitive issues can still be added to the agenda after that deadline.
- Topic titles: usually set by board members.
- Topics background section: created and added by the Administrative Assistant, if enough information is available, without first being viewed by the board.
Further below are minutes of past board meetings and video chats. To inform members of board meeting discussion and decisions more quickly, we post draft “unapproved” minutes. These are created and added by the Administrative Assistant without first being viewed by the board. The public board minutes are formally voted on at the next public board meeting and, until then, are subject to change.
Working groups and committees also publish minutes. These can be found at: Working Group Minutes, Committees Minutes.
Board Rules of Order regarding meetings
The board rules of order regarding meetings can be found here.