Difference between revisions of "Monthly Board Meetings/Overview 201912"

From OpenStreetMap Foundation
(Created page with "<big>'''Overview of Board meeting topics - in progress'''</big><br> '''Jan 2019 to Nov 2019''' * Below are the topics of all Board meetings, Jan 2019-Nov 2019 * Some topics a...")
 
 

Latest revision as of 14:39, 11 February 2020

Overview of Board meeting topics - in progress
Jan 2019 to Nov 2019

  • Below are the topics of all Board meetings, Jan 2019-Nov 2019
  • Some topics are present in more than one categories

Acronyms

Operations related

Operations Working Group , Join

Topic Month Note
Asking OWG their views on Andy's infrastructure thoughts

Jun

Suggestion for additional OSM data backup (AOB)

Oct

LWG related

Licensing Working Group, Join

Topic Month Note
General Data Protection Regulation preparation update Jan
openstreetmap.eu domain (AOB) Feb
Permission request for images to be published in monthly scientific journal (AOB) Mar
Recommendation by LWG on a future "tile-licence" Jun
Contacting Telenav about transfer of openstreetcam domain Jul, Nov
Power of Attorney request from FOSSGIS Aug
Attribution by Facebook Oct

DWG related

Data Working Group. Join

Topic Month Note
Crimea decision Jan, Feb

MWG related

Membership Working Group, Join, Stats

Topic Month Note
GlobalLogic Jan (closed), Feb, Apr (closed) Related to the 100 Global Logic OSMF member sign-ups just before the 2018 board election.
Membership fee waiver process Mar Related to the membership fee waiver program (making it easier to join OSMF)

CWG related

Communication Working Group, Join

Topic Month Note
Communicating about the membership fee-waiver program (AOB) Jul

SotM-WG related

State of the Map Working Group, Join

Topic Month Note
State of the Map 2020 Jun
VAT tax on SotM tickets Jun
Supporting regional SotMs through the OSMF ticket sales system Jun
Supporting SotM-Africa through the OSMF ticket sales system Jul Support provided by SotM lead and Treasurer

Community

Topic Month Note
Microgrants Jan (AOB), Aug, Oct, Nov Ongoing
Move etiquette guidelines to OSMF website Feb
Next steps on pre-SotM survey Jun
Communication with iD maintainers Nov
Supporting regional SotMs through the OSMF ticket sales system Jun
Supporting SotM-Africa through the OSMF ticket sales system Jul Support provided by SotM lead and Treasurer

Local Chapter related

LC page, Join the mailing list

Topic Month Note
Criteria to become a Local Chapter Aug
Local Chapters - keeping track of development and current applications Jun
Question about action item "criteria to become a Local Chapter" (AOB) Jul
Power of Attorney request from FOSSGIS Aug
Proposed addendum to Local Chapter Agreement to become a US local chapter Nov

Working Groups and Board

Topic Month Note
Communicating decisions back to Working Groups Mar
Board - Working Groups meeting at State of the Map 2019 (AOB) Apr
Working Groups survey (AOB) Jun
Working Groups - Board relation Oct
Approve the creation of the Local Chapters and Communities Working Group Nov

Board

Topic Month Note
Face to Face meeting Jan, Feb, Mar (AOB), Apr (AOB - facilitator update), Nov (conditional planning of next one)
Brexit Feb
Annual General Meeting Oct, Nov (posting on announce mailing list), Articles of Association changes (1, 2)
Modifications of Board Rules of Order (Agenda publishing deadline) Oct
Board logistics Jan
Agenda building and action items Apr
Board seats at the next election Aug

Financial

Topic Month Note
2019 budget Feb
New insurance (AOB) Apr
VAT tax on SotM tickets Jun
Potential registration with Benevity to receive donations Nov Deferred to email due to time constraints.

Closed portions of meetings

Date Topic Reason for being closed Info
2019-01 100 account sign-ups from India on 15.11.2018 Related to the 100 Global Logic OSMF member sign-ups just before the 2018 board election.
2019-01 Renewal of Administrative Assistant's contract
2019-04 Next steps on GlobalLogic "We need to talk about the practicalities of cancelling the memberships. For people who do not have all the details, our words about this can be confusing and lead to the wrong conclusions. Therefore we would like to be able to discuss this freely without worrying about how this might be misunderstood. In fact, a conclusion of this conversation might be that we need to ask GL to issue a detailed statement.

Please note that the Membership Working Group was invited to participate in part of the closed portion. "

Related to the 100 Global Logic OSMF member sign-ups just before the 2018 board election.
2019-06 Payment for facilitation of 2019 face-to-face board meeting
2019-06 Administrative Assistant's contract
2019-07 Administrative Assistant's contract
2019-07 Board seats available at the next election

Circular resolutions and votes during meetings

OSMF Board votes in 2019 except fee waivers OSMF Board votes in 2019 - fee waivers only

More information:

Date Topic Outcome KC HL FR MM PN JS TK
2019-01-25 Share MWG report with GlobalLogic prior to release to members Accepted with 3 votes in favour: Heather Leson, Kate Chapman, Mikel Maron, 2 votes against: Paul Norman, Frederik Ramm, 2 abstained: Tobias Knerr, Joost Schouppe
2019-01-25 Notify GlobalLogic that there is a report coming out Accepted with 5 votes in favour: Kate Chapman, Heather Leson, Mikel Maron, Tobias Knerr, Joost Schouppe, 1 abstained: Paul Norman, 1 not voted: Frederik Ramm
2019-01-25 Release the GL report from the board rather than the MWG Accepted with 4 votes in favour: Mikel Maron, Frederik Ramm, Tobias Knerr, Paul Norman, 2 votes against: Heather Leson, Kate Chapman,1 not voted: Joost Schouppe
2019-01-25 Extend Dorothea's contract for 6 months Accepted unanimously
2019-02-20 Motion to accept GlobalLogic's offer to withdraw the 100 OSMF memberships that signed up on 2018.11.15 Accepted with 6 votes in favour: Kate Chapman, Frederik Ramm, Joost Schouppe, Mikel Maron, Paul Norman, Tobias Knerr, 1 not present during meeting: Heather Leson
2019-03-02 Allow attribution on osm.org/copyright page Accepted with 6 votes in favour: Kate Chapman, Joost Schouppe, Tobias Knerr, Mikel Maron, Paul Norman, Frederik Ramm, 1 not voted: Heather Leson
2019-03-25 Add a banner about the EU Copyright Directive to osm.org Accepted unanimously
2019-07-30 Allow SotM Africa to use OSMF CiviCRM for their ticket sales, with conditions Accepted with 6 votes in favour: Tobias Knerr, Paul Norman, Kate Chapman, Joost Schouppe, Heather Leson, Mikel Maron, 1 not voted: Frederik Ramm
2019-08-22 Motion to give FOSSGIS Power of Attorney to send letter regarding the attribution Accepted unanimously
2019-10-16 Update our Rules of Order by inserting a paragraph as §6.3 (publishing the agenda) Accepted unanimously
2019-09-15 OSM Ireland to become an OSMF Chapter Accepted with 6 votes in favour: Kate Chapman, Paul Norman, Joost Schouppe, Mikel Maron, Frederik Ramm, Heather Leson, 1 abstained: Tobias Knerr
2019-10-11 Sign FOSSGIS PoA Accepted unanimously
2019-10-13 Approve financial accounts Accepted unanimously
2019-10-18 Accept the proposed Microgrants implementation Voting cancelled to get community feedback on the document. Please see the related osmf-talk thread.
2019-11-14 Extend Dorothea's current contract for another six months Accepted with 6 votes in favour: Mikel Maron, Tobias Knerr, Joost Schouppe, Kate Chapman, Paul Norman, Heather Leson, 1 not voted: Frederik Ramm
2019-12-01 Approve relaunch of LCWG as LCCWG with new mission statement Accepted with 4 votes in favour: Mikel Maron, Heather Leson, Kate Chapman, Joost Schouppe, 1 not voted: Frederik Ramm, 2 abstained: Paul Norman, Tobias Knerr.
2019-12-03 Grant Barclays Simple Servicing Authority to Michelle Heydon Accepted unanimously
2019-12-09 Also send an unofficial (AGM) announcement to the announce mailing list Accepted with 6 votes in favour: Joost Schouppe, Frederik Ramm, Tobias Knerr, Kate Chapman, Mikel Maron, Heather Leson, 1 not voted: Paul Norman

Categories present in 2018 report but not in 2019

  • Transparency
  • Open Source policy
  • Corporate Members

Categories present in 2019 report but not in 2018

  • Working Groups and board