Operations Working Group
Get in touch
|email@example.com||Get in touch with the whole team for general discussion.|
What we do
The key priority for this group is ensuring the operation and smooth running of the XML editing API and data distribution services (planet files and diff updates). Secondary priorities include the operation of the other OSMF servers.
The main task of the Operations Working Group is the forecasting of demand and the purchasing of hardware required to meet the priorities.
Other tasks include
- Creating policies for OSMF services, such as the tile usage policy or API usage policy
- The organisation and budgeting for hosting OSMF servers
It does not concern itself with
- Authoring software to run on the services. This is left to the development community
- Day-to-day running of the servers. This is the remit of the sys admins group
Who we are
We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week.
Some minuted meetings have taken place although most decision and discussion takes place in an unscheduled manner via normal community channels.
- Formerly known as the "Technical Working Group"
- 2013 Plan