StateoftheMap Organizing Committee/Minutes/2019/2019-03-19 Meeting
Most discussions of the SotM Working Group happen on GitHub issues (private repository). The meetings take place every second Monday on the Mumble server of HOT project. The frequency of the meetings might increase in the last weeks before the conference.
These minutes are no formal minutes but serve to inform the membership about the activity of the working group. There is no guarantee that all meetings are minuted. See also our entries on blog.openstreetmap.org.
Time and location: 2019-03-19 afternoon CEST, Heidelberg
- Michael R.
Catering HOT Summit & SotM
- HOT Summit at Mensa & Studentenwerk
- ask previous conferences for how much they paid for Klinikum
- also drinks from Klinikum
- Ansprüche sind relativ niedrig (requirements are rather low)
- leftovers: Foodsharing
- catering: currently one offer for catering (30€ per person)
- rent: ~15-20 € per person
- Hebelhalle: Limit = 600 people
- Hebelhalle: sells drinks → need to offer some vouchers
- other: band/DJ
- budget: ~50€ per person
- we will get official contract soon
- awards: during social event? → if yes, make it shorter
- announce 2020 venue: during social event?
- band / music would be nice, epecially since one can change rooms
- how many volunteers do we need for social event (crowd management, geschirr/getränke abräumen, ticketchecks, etc.)
- get voucher to get their conference ticket
- SAP still pending
- not that many sponsors yet, about 20k€
- city of Heidelberg: get list of companies to contact
- city: ask if possible to have a "Sektempfang" at town hall?
- ask Julian regarding Disy sponsoring
Icebreaker on Friday
- Marstall (only as "meeting point") and/or Marstall Cafe?
- or Tiefburg?
- doesn't have to accomodate all 500 persons
info mail before conference:
- send out pdf / mail to attendees, with VRN ticket and infos about ice breaker event, tourism guide(s), tipps&tricks, general info (e.g. about shops, etc.) → take a look at pdf from sotm-eu.
- also put this info on website
What to do on Friday?
- Tourist guide, optional for ~10€ per person. For foreign attendents
- Fabian writes informal mail to ask about icebreaker in Marstall
Add hotel deal to website
- Martin does it
- ticket sales start in about two months
Pretalx and Pretix
- Solving Pretalx error
- Christine is still waiting for activation of event
- can produce invoices automatically
- Christine asks Dorothea for her opinion
- then, ask for sponsoring from Pretix
- FOSSGIS used Pretix, Michael has experience
- there will be again supporter tickets
- prices will be negotiated on github
- Sunday evening. Still looking for options (Rathaus, Mathematikon, etc.)
- OSM Quiz: maybe before poster session
- poster (logo?) competition ongoing (100 votes)
- discussion programm
- also looking for keynote speakers at the moment
- Keynote speakers brainstorming, see https://github.com/osmfoundation/sotm2019/issues/62
- SotM France Montpellier: looking for collab ideas
- later: tour around campus + venue