Working Group Minutes/DWG 2019 09 03

From OpenStreetMap Foundation
< Working Group Minutes
Revision as of 22:28, 29 January 2020 by Woodpeck (talk | contribs) (Created page with "DWG Meeting on Tuesday 03 September 2019 at 17:00 UTC === DWG members present === * Peter Barth (peda) (joined briefly towards end) * Michał Brozozowski (RicoElectrico) * D...")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

DWG Meeting on Tuesday 03 September 2019 at 17:00 UTC

DWG members present

  • Peter Barth (peda) (joined briefly towards end)
  • Michał Brozozowski (RicoElectrico)
  • Dennis Raylin Chen (Supaplex)
  • Anton Khorev
  • Vladimir Marshinin (mavl)
  • Paul Norman (pnorman)
  • Nelson A. De Oliveira (naoliv)
  • Rihards Olups (Richlv)
  • Frederik Ramm (woodpeck) (minutes)
  • Guillaume Rischard (Stereo)
  • Andy Townsend (SomeoneElse) (chairing)
  • +2 more lurking

Welcoming New Members

We have signed up four new members since the last meeting, and three of them are here despite the meeting being at uncomfortable times of the day for some (apologies received from the 4th). We hold a small round of introductions and welcome the new members especially.

OTRS and Website Issues

There are some questions about OTRS features and especially how we deal with issue reporting on the web site, which we clear up. Our standard procedure is creating an OTRS ticket for each web site issue, unless the issue touches a subject where a ticket already exists, or the issue is of such low importance that it can be settled with a quick response, in which case no tickets are created.

OTRS queues

We have recently started moving away from our custom "ticket type" field and towards making better use of OTRS queues, but this move is not complete yet and takes more work. It is agreed to tackle that after the meeting. (Todo: Andy, Frederik)

Reporting

We haven't yet published our activity reports for Q1 and Q2 2019. The move to queues necessitates a change in the scripts generating the exports. We'll fix the scripts and work on getting those reports out. (Todo: Nelson)

Publicly document large reverts/redactions

To make it easier for local communities or other OSM data users to clean up after large revert or redaction operations, we will try to document such larger operations on https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Data_working_group/Large_Revert_Log - this is something we had planned earlier but then dropped the ball on. It is agreed to take that up with renewed effort immediately, and discuss potential improvements to the process at the next meeting.

Anonymous notes, and API changes in general

While anonymous comments on notes are now disabled, we are still seeing issues with anonymous note spam where new notes are created. Some DWG members are in favour of disallowing anonymous notes altogether, while others argue for exhausting other available avenues first. The discussion is inconclusive.

A partial wishlist of DWG API changes is at https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-website/issues/32 but we should perhaps think of prioritising our own list and communicating it better. At the moment, though, it looks as if Andy Allan is the only person to modify the API code and we don't want to burden him unduly with a mass of requests.

Nagorno-Karabakh

We discuss and approve a draft letter to the UK Ambassador of Azerbaijan about the status of Nagorno-Karabakh as recorded in OpenStreetMap. The letter will be sent in the coming days. (Todo: Guillaume)

Retiring inactive members

We thank Peter Barth for his past work in DWG, and we're happy to invite him back if his time allows it.

End / Next meeting

The meeting ends at 20:30 UTC.

The next meeting date has not been set, but will likely be in the first half of November.