Difference between revisions of "Working Group Minutes/SWG 2011-05-09"

From OpenStreetMap Foundation
Line 10: Line 10:
 
| toffehoff || Henk Hoff || y ||
 
| toffehoff || Henk Hoff || y ||
 
|}
 
|}
 
Also observing Ian Dees (iandees) and Richard Fairhurst (RichardF)
 
   
 
== Minutes (Draft) ==
 
== Minutes (Draft) ==

Revision as of 18:24, 9 May 2011

Attendance

IRC Name Present Apologies
_chrisfl Chris Fleming y
Eugene Eugene Usvitsky y
toffehoff Henk Hoff y

Minutes (Draft)

From previous meeting:

  • Henk to arrange a meeting with Francis. Done
  • Chris to Add Special Resolutions into proposal on wiki page.
  • Make sure that all topics for discussion are listed on wiki page.
  • Need to add text explaining what AoA is for to to wiki page. Henk, will draft this.

This week:

  • Update from meeting with Francis. He has been retained by OSMF so we can instruct him, we will come up with a set of proposals for how we want to be governed and he will draft articles.
  • Membership discussion: Members do need to consent to being a member. It is possible to create different membership types.
  • Board should have power to accept and reject members. Some criteria should be mentioned but not fixed as there may be circumstances such as bad behaviour that it would be valid for the board to reject or eject members. We need to make it clear how this works.
  • Membership based on contribution may be hard to define so that it isn't open to gaming. This topic is still very much open, it has been suggested should be considered to help bolster the number of members in order to prevent a takeover however there may be other ways of doing this.
  • Can protect data by entrenching our core values, open data and an Asset Lock.
  • Only written resolutions should be allowed.
  • Notices should go to all members registered e-mail addresses.
  • Online voting should be permitted, we could have no required quorate if allowing online voting.
  • How do we vote, we think that STV should be considered for elections to the board.
  • How is the board size set? We should allow the board to propose increasing or reducing the size of the board before a AGM, this will be voted on.


Actions:

  • Chris to Add Special Resolutions into proposal on wiki page.
  • Make sure that all topics for discussion are listed on wiki page.
  • Need to add text explaining what AoA is for to to wiki page. Henk, will draft this.

This week:

Next Week:

  • Next meeting: 17:00 UTC Monday 9th May 2011
  • Start working through proposed changes.

IRC Log