Difference between revisions of "Working Group Minutes/SWG 2011-05-2"

From OpenStreetMap Foundation
(Created page with "== Attendance == {| class=wikitable ! IRC !! Name !! Present !! Apologies |- | _chrisfl || Chris Fleming || y || |- | E...")
 
Line 10: Line 10:
 
| toffehoff || Henk Hoff || y ||
 
| toffehoff || Henk Hoff || y ||
 
|}
 
|}
  +
  +
Also observing Ian Dees (iandees) and Richard Fairhurst (RichardF)
   
 
== Minutes (Draft) ==
 
== Minutes (Draft) ==
Line 27: Line 29:
   
 
Actions:
 
Actions:
 
  +
* Henk to arrange a meeting with Francis.
  +
* Chris to Add Special Resolutions into proposal on wiki page.
  +
* Make sure that all topics for discussion are listed on wiki page.
  +
* Need to add text explaining what AoA is for to to wiki page. Henk, will draft this.
   
 
Next Week:
 
Next Week:
 
 
 
* Next meeting: 17:00 UTC Monday 2nd May 2010
 
* Next meeting: 17:00 UTC Monday 2nd May 2010
 
* Start working through proposed changes.
 
* Start working through proposed changes.
   
 
== IRC Log ==
 
== IRC Log ==
 
 
<pre>
 
<pre>
  +
toffehoff 18:02:07
  +
Hi Ian, great to have you here!±
  +
So, this is todays group of people? 18:02:56
  +
Eugene, chrisfl_ and iandees? 18:03:10
  +
  +
iandees 18:03:23
  +
are you guys actually having a meeting? i was just trolling but i'll be happy to stay and listen
  +
  +
Eugene 18:03:30
  +
It seems so.
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 18:03:39
  +
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:04:01
  +
A meeting of the AoA subcommittee ...
  +
  +
Eugene 18:04:22
  +
iandees: We always welcome everyone to join us. You know, AoA are so interesting!
  +
  +
iandees 18:04:31
  +
what's AoA?
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:04:45
  +
Articles of Association
  +
  +
iandees 18:04:52
  +
oh fun
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:05:02
  +
Way much more interesting than logo's
  +
  +
Eugene 18:05:11
  +
Sure!
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:05:33
  +
Last week: http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Working_Group_Minutes/SWG_2011-04-25
  +
iandees: are you staying on? You're welcome .... 18:05:56
  +
  +
iandees 18:06:31
  +
sure, i'll stick around and probably be quiet.
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:06:47
  +
ok
  +
Let's start with some updates of what has been done last week.... 18:07:28
  +
Chrisfl_, you've mailed on osmf-talk.... 18:08:00
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 18:08:11
  +
Yes, I got a reply
  +
from Andrew Turvey. 18:08:23
  +
But I've not had time to get back to him 18:08:35
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:08:44
  +
Turvey?
  +
Not by any change Turner? 18:08:57
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 18:09:08
  +
Yes, He was involved in the Wikimedia UK setup so has some experience in this area.
  +
Definitly Turvey 18:09:19
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:09:43
  +
Oh, UK, that guy Turner lives in US.
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 18:09:51
  +
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:09:57
  +
You'll contact him this week?
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 18:10:39
  +
Yes, I'll get back to him and let him know that he's welcome to attend and also ask some questions
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:10:53
  +
Great.
  +
I've send a mail to legal-talk. 18:11:03
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 18:11:05
  +
such as does he have any experiece with lawyers
  +
any response? 18:11:10
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:11:15
  +
Also got a response.
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 18:11:24
  +
cool
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:11:26
  +
From Francis Davy
  +
He is a barister and willing to help us out. 18:12:15
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 18:12:37
  +
excellent
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:12:52
  +
He currently is involved with One Click Orgs project to set up a set of articles.
  +
I've responded to him today 18:13:19
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 18:13:23
  +
perfect
  +
  +
Eugene 18:13:46
  +
Great news!
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:14:13
  +
asked him how we could best start off (face-to-face, phone, IRC).
  +
.... amongst others ..... 18:14:19
  +
Francis was on my list, but (unknown to English law), I thought this was not in the area of expertise of barristers .... 18:15:07
  +
Did some reading on what barristers are (in the mean time).... 18:15:38
  +
Absolutely great having him within OSM. 18:16:14
  +
Talked with board about timeline... 18:16:48
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 18:16:49
  +
yes
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:17:41
  +
They have no problem with getting a first draft ready for discussion in Vienna and have a final version ready for AGM in Denver.
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 18:18:28
  +
cool, my only concern is making sure the AGM has enough time in Denver, in case anyone wants to discuss changes.
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:18:28
  +
Getting a first draft ready for Vienna is going to be challenging
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 18:18:51
  +
yup.
  +
  +
Eugene 18:18:51
  +
We have almost 2 months.
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:19:01
  +
Let's see how much discussion we'll have in Vienna....
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 18:19:04
  +
only 8 meetings... (or possibly less)
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:19:51
  +
Still have to work on an explanatory text on AoA.....
  +
Anything else to mention? 18:20:46
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 18:20:57
  +
I didn't mail talk.
  +
  +
Eugene 18:21:18
  +
I didn't get any responses so nothing from my side...
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 18:22:00
  +
I saw that there is a working group for chapters. Any feedback yet on how we are going to structure them?
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:22:16
  +
Ah, yes.
  +
Chapters are going to be independent from the Foundation. 18:22:42
  +
  +
Eugene 18:23:10
  +
At least for now.
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:23:58
  +
However, voting rights is not clear (chapters having voting rights within Foundation).
  +
But also for the Chapters, we may have the same timeline (discussion in Vienna, decision in Denver). 18:24:55
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 18:25:00
  +
good question, if chapters were to have voting rights (ie be members) how would that work for votes.
  +
ie. 1 vote or block votes 18:25:26
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:26:01
  +
There should be a distinction between individual members and the chapters.
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 18:26:09
  +
yes
  +
  +
Eugene 18:26:13
  +
+1
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:26:52
  +
However, I can see an outcome that says that chapters do not have voting rights within the Foundaiton....
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 18:27:03
  +
So what we currently have on the wiki page: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Strategic_working_group/Articles_of_Association_Review#Position_of_Local_Chapters_vs_Members
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:27:37
  +
Right, that is still the question.
  +
  +
Eugene 18:28:06
  +
Sorry for asking but is there a clear legal definition of what chapter is? And will it differ somehow from some other company/organization?
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 18:28:08
  +
is what we have said, for now should we say that we don't need to worry about voting rights or Local Chapters as members of any kind?
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:29:49
  +
I would not focus the discussion on that right now.
  +
  +
Eugene 18:29:50
  +
I mean they are not registered in UK and thus not a subject of UK law. Perhaps, this question is already answered by someone like Wikimedia Foundation...
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 18:30:27
  +
I think that each one needs to do whatever is required in there country.
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:30:53
  +
Local Chapters will be local organisations governed by local laws.
  +
They will have an agreement with the Foundation on how they work together. 18:31:11
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 18:31:30
  +
yes, the only question will be if they include a clause "associating" themselves with the foundation.
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:31:46
  +
Draft agreement: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/Local_Chapters/Agreement
  +
  +
Eugene 18:31:50
  +
I know but in UK's OSMF they will have some right to, say, vote.
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 18:32:16
  +
at the moment I think we're saying that they won't??
  +
  +
Eugene 18:32:39
  +
Yes
  +
Ok, forget about it. When they'll have a right to vote than we'll raise it again. 18:33:12
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:33:17
  +
But let's not have the local chapters discussion here ....
  +
Eugene: yes. 18:33:41
  +
  +
Eugene 18:33:42
  +
Yup. Sorry again.
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 18:33:47
  +
cool -so for now we agree that we're not making any specific provisions for Local Chapters in the articles, subject to feedback from localchapters group.
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:33:56
  +
yes
  +
  +
Eugene 18:34:34
  +
yes
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 18:35:12
  +
cool. What do we want to discuss next?
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:35:19
  +
sorry guys, but the coffee is making me feel like going to a certain place .....
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 18:35:39
  +
we can hold for a moment.
  +
  +
RichardF 18:35:56
  +
I hope that's being minuted
  +
  +
iandees 18:36:17
  +
i didn't see a motion
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:36:35
  +
back ....
  +
  +
RichardF 18:36:37
  +
indeed - thank goodness this isn't videoconferencing
  +
  +
Eugene 18:36:43
  +
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:36:48
  +
Oh, so that does wake up the rest ...
  +
.... I mean the coffee machine .... 18:37:31
  +
Anyways, what to discuss next. 18:37:49
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 18:38:42
  +
Pick something from the wiki page.
  +
toffehoff trying to find the wiki page in this forest of open windows.... 18:39
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 18:40:24
  +
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Strategic_working_group/Articles_of_Association_Review
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:40:38
  +
got it, thanks.
  +
Do we miss anything that is not mentioned on the wiki page? 18:42:00
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 18:42:17
  +
Good start.
  +
I think I've given everything a heading. 18:42:29
  +
but we may well find new stuff to think about. 18:42:48
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:43:28
  +
What about proposals....
  +
or how are they called .... 18:43:37
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 18:44:51
  +
do you have an example?
  +
toffehoff scratching behind my ear 18:45
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:46:25
  +
.... if the members want something changed on a subject that is not on the agenda of the AGM
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 18:46:52
  +
So member proposals during a meeting.
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:47:20
  +
or before in order to get something on the agenda.
  +
ah..... the word is resolution.... 18:47:28
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 18:47:45
  +
members resolutions?
  +
cool. 18:47:51
  +
Cool we do want to make sure this can happen. 18:48:32
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:48:51
  +
Something like, that it needs to have the support of x percentage of the members and needs to be submitted x days before the meeting.
  +
  +
Eugene 18:49:23
  +
That would be useful.
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:49:36
  +
There must be some boilerplate text somewhere that can be used....
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 18:49:53
  +
I'm just looking at what is in Companies Act
  +
So how many members to propose a resolution and how much notice do we think is required? 18:51:50
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:52:57
  +
Would we like to have a number of members, or a percentage of members?
  +
  +
Eugene 18:53:25
  +
Percentage is better.
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:54:23
  +
Just throwing out a number: how does 10% sound?
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 18:54:45
  +
10% is possibly quite high?
  +
  +
Eugene 18:54:45
  +
I thought of the same number
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 18:55:05
  +
just to get something on the Agenda.
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:55:13
  +
This should be members that would like to have the resolution discussed.
  +
They do not need to agree with the resolution. 18:55:23
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 18:56:16
  +
true - at the moment how many people would that be?
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:56:53
  +
Euh ... about 20 ....
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 18:57:27
  +
okay - 10% sounds reasonable. I was thinking 10- 20 people.
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:57:47
  +
Let's also have the number open for discussion.
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 18:58:19
  +
cool
  +
  +
toffehoff 18:58:34
  +
The main objective is not to have things on the agenda the rest of the meeting does not find interesting enough to talk about.
  +
Days of notice .... 3 weeks? 18:59:03
  +
.... again just throwing out a number .... 18:59:23
  +
  +
Eugene 18:59:36
  +
1 month?
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 18:59:43
  +
This is the companies act bit:
  +
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/46/part/13/chapter/2/crossheading/circulation-of-written-resolutions 18:59:45
  +
I think 1 month is good 19:00:26
  +
  +
toffehoff 19:01:23
  +
ok ....
  +
chrisfl_ can you also link those Company Act texts in the wiki-page? 19:01:51
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 19:02:21
  +
Will do - I have a link to the main act but can put in more specific links.
  +
  +
toffehoff 19:02:37
  +
Thanks.
  +
It's just passed the hour .... 19:02:45
  +
  +
Eugene 19:03:59
  +
Indeed... I haven't noticed
  +
  +
toffehoff 19:04:27
  +
Time is going fast when you're having fun
  +
Let me try and arrange a meeting with Francis. 19:04:59
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 19:05:02
  +
I've tried to keep up with minutes are we've been talking: http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Working_Group_Minutes/SWG_2011-05-2
  +
cool 19:05:13
  +
  +
Eugene 19:05:18
  +
Great!
  +
  +
toffehoff 19:05:51
  +
chrisfl_: looks good!
  +
Will you paste in the irc-log? 19:06:13
  +
Or shall I? 19:06:18
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 19:06:19
  +
will do
  +
  +
toffehoff 19:06:23
  +
Awesome.
  +
I think we've touched every subject of the AoA the past weeks..... 19:07:20
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 19:07:26
  +
Cool - can we try and make sure that eveything we want to cover is listed on the wiki page then we can work down the page as an Agenda?
  +
  +
toffehoff 19:08:17
  +
OK, If we all think of something we've missed, add it to the wiki page this week.
  +
  +
Eugene 19:08:35
  +
OK
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 19:08:59
  +
great all. Also I presume we're all happy with last weeks minutes?
  +
Next meeting same time next week? 19:09:10
  +
  +
Eugene 19:09:16
  +
Yes.
  +
  +
toffehoff 19:09:18
  +
yes
  +
... on both questions.... 19:09:26
  +
Talk to you later then... 19:10:02
  +
  +
chrisfl_ 19:10:07
  +
Cool I grab the log up to here then.
 
</pre>
 
</pre>

Revision as of 18:34, 2 May 2011

Attendance

IRC Name Present Apologies
_chrisfl Chris Fleming y
Eugene Eugene Usvitsky y
toffehoff Henk Hoff y

Also observing Ian Dees (iandees) and Richard Fairhurst (RichardF)

Minutes (Draft)

From previous meeting:

  • Reviewed mail for communication tom osmf-talk mailing list. Chris will get this out Monday evening. *Done.*
  • Chris will e-mail osm-talk. *Still to do.*
  • Henk will e-mail legal-talk for a laywer. *Response from Francis Davy, in progress*
  • Discussion on trying to find a lawyer and some of the practicalities on getting advice.
  • Henk will talk to board about budget for legal assistance.
  • Need to put a timetable together for changes. Currently aiming for AGM at SotM. We need to work back from here. Discuss with Strategic on Friday. *Strategic and Board are happy with this*
  • Need to add text explaining what AoA is for to to wiki page. Henk, will draft this. *Still to do*

This week:

  • We agreed that we're not making any specific provisions for Local Chapters in the articles, subject to feedback from localchapters group.
  • Discussed adding text along the lines for proposal of Resolutions by members that they require "support of x percentage of the members submitted y days before the meeting." where x=20% and y=1 month.

Actions:

  • Henk to arrange a meeting with Francis.
  • Chris to Add Special Resolutions into proposal on wiki page.
  • Make sure that all topics for discussion are listed on wiki page.
  • Need to add text explaining what AoA is for to to wiki page. Henk, will draft this.

Next Week:

  • Next meeting: 17:00 UTC Monday 2nd May 2010
  • Start working through proposed changes.

IRC Log

toffehoff 18:02:07
Hi Ian, great to have you here!±
So, this is todays group of people? 18:02:56
Eugene, chrisfl_ and iandees? 18:03:10
 
iandees 18:03:23
are you guys actually having a meeting? i was just trolling but i'll be happy to stay and listen    

Eugene 18:03:30
It seems so.    

chrisfl_ 18:03:39
    

toffehoff 18:04:01
A meeting of the AoA subcommittee ...    

Eugene 18:04:22
iandees: We always welcome everyone to join us. You know, AoA are so interesting!     

iandees 18:04:31
what's AoA?    

toffehoff 18:04:45
Articles of Association    

iandees 18:04:52
oh fun     

toffehoff 18:05:02
Way much more interesting than logo's     

Eugene 18:05:11
Sure!    

toffehoff 18:05:33
Last week: http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Working_Group_Minutes/SWG_2011-04-25
iandees: are you staying on? You're welcome .... 18:05:56
 
iandees 18:06:31
sure, i'll stick around and probably be quiet.    

toffehoff 18:06:47
ok
Let's start with some updates of what has been done last week.... 18:07:28
Chrisfl_, you've mailed on osmf-talk.... 18:08:00
 
chrisfl_ 18:08:11
Yes, I got a reply
from Andrew Turvey. 18:08:23
But I've not had time to get back to him 18:08:35
 
toffehoff 18:08:44
Turvey?
Not by any change Turner? 18:08:57
 
chrisfl_ 18:09:08
Yes, He was involved in the Wikimedia UK setup so has some experience in this area.
Definitly Turvey 18:09:19
 
toffehoff 18:09:43
Oh, UK, that guy Turner lives in US.    

chrisfl_ 18:09:51
    

toffehoff 18:09:57
You'll contact him this week?    

chrisfl_ 18:10:39
Yes, I'll get back to him and let him know that he's welcome to attend and also ask some questions    

toffehoff 18:10:53
Great.
I've send a mail to legal-talk. 18:11:03
 
chrisfl_ 18:11:05
such as does he have any experiece with lawyers
any response? 18:11:10
 
toffehoff 18:11:15
Also got a response.    

chrisfl_ 18:11:24
cool    

toffehoff 18:11:26
From Francis Davy
He is a barister and willing to help us out. 18:12:15
 
chrisfl_ 18:12:37
excellent    

toffehoff 18:12:52
He currently is involved with One Click Orgs project to set up a set of articles.
I've responded to him today 18:13:19
 
chrisfl_ 18:13:23
perfect    

Eugene 18:13:46
Great news!    

toffehoff 18:14:13
asked him how we could best start off (face-to-face, phone, IRC).
.... amongst others ..... 18:14:19
Francis was on my list, but (unknown to English law), I thought this was not in the area of expertise of barristers .... 18:15:07
Did some reading on what barristers are (in the mean time).... 18:15:38
Absolutely great having him within OSM. 18:16:14
Talked with board about timeline... 18:16:48
 
chrisfl_ 18:16:49
yes    

toffehoff 18:17:41
They have no problem with getting a first draft ready for discussion in Vienna and have a final version ready for AGM in Denver.    

chrisfl_ 18:18:28
cool, my only concern is making sure the AGM has enough time in Denver, in case anyone wants to discuss changes.    

toffehoff 18:18:28
Getting a first draft ready for Vienna is going to be challenging     

chrisfl_ 18:18:51
yup.    

Eugene 18:18:51
We have almost 2 months.    

toffehoff 18:19:01
Let's see how much discussion we'll have in Vienna....    

chrisfl_ 18:19:04
only 8 meetings... (or possibly less)    

toffehoff 18:19:51
Still have to work on an explanatory text on AoA.....
Anything else to mention? 18:20:46
 
chrisfl_ 18:20:57
I didn't mail talk.    

Eugene 18:21:18
I didn't get any responses so nothing from my side...    

chrisfl_ 18:22:00
I saw that there is a working group for chapters. Any feedback yet on how we are going to structure them?    

toffehoff 18:22:16
Ah, yes.
Chapters are going to be independent from the Foundation. 18:22:42
 
Eugene 18:23:10
At least for now.    

toffehoff 18:23:58
However, voting rights is not clear (chapters having voting rights within Foundation).
But also for the Chapters, we may have the same timeline (discussion in Vienna, decision in Denver). 18:24:55
 
chrisfl_ 18:25:00
good question, if chapters were to have voting rights (ie be members) how would that work for votes.
ie. 1 vote or block votes 18:25:26
 
toffehoff 18:26:01
There should be a distinction between individual members and the chapters.    

chrisfl_ 18:26:09
yes    

Eugene 18:26:13
+1    

toffehoff 18:26:52
However, I can see an outcome that says that chapters do not have voting rights within the Foundaiton....    

chrisfl_ 18:27:03
So what we currently have on the wiki page: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Strategic_working_group/Articles_of_Association_Review#Position_of_Local_Chapters_vs_Members    

toffehoff 18:27:37
Right, that is still the question.    

Eugene 18:28:06
Sorry for asking but is there a clear legal definition of what chapter is? And will it differ somehow from some other company/organization?    

chrisfl_ 18:28:08
is what we have said, for now should we say that we don't need to worry about voting rights or Local Chapters as members of any kind?    

toffehoff 18:29:49
I would not focus the discussion on that right now.    

Eugene 18:29:50
I mean they are not registered in UK and thus not a subject of UK law. Perhaps, this question is already answered by someone like Wikimedia Foundation...    

chrisfl_ 18:30:27
I think that each one needs to do whatever is required in there country.    

toffehoff 18:30:53
Local Chapters will be local organisations governed by local laws.
They will have an agreement with the Foundation on how they work together. 18:31:11
 
chrisfl_ 18:31:30
yes, the only question will be if they include a clause "associating" themselves with the foundation.    

toffehoff 18:31:46
Draft agreement: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/Local_Chapters/Agreement    

Eugene 18:31:50
I know but in UK's OSMF they will have some right to, say, vote.    

chrisfl_ 18:32:16
at the moment I think we're saying that they won't??    

Eugene 18:32:39
Yes 
Ok, forget about it. When they'll have a right to vote than we'll raise it again. 18:33:12
 
toffehoff 18:33:17
But let's not have the local chapters discussion here ....
Eugene: yes. 18:33:41
 
Eugene 18:33:42
Yup. Sorry again.    

chrisfl_ 18:33:47
cool -so for now we agree that we're not making any specific provisions for Local Chapters in the articles, subject to feedback from localchapters group.    

toffehoff 18:33:56
yes    

Eugene 18:34:34
yes    

chrisfl_ 18:35:12
cool. What do we want to discuss next?    

toffehoff 18:35:19
sorry guys, but the coffee is making me feel like going to a certain place .....    

chrisfl_ 18:35:39
we can hold for a moment.    

RichardF 18:35:56
I hope that's being minuted    

iandees 18:36:17
i didn't see a motion    

toffehoff 18:36:35
back ....    

RichardF 18:36:37
indeed - thank goodness this isn't videoconferencing    

Eugene 18:36:43
    

toffehoff 18:36:48
Oh, so that does wake up the rest ...
.... I mean the coffee machine .... 18:37:31
Anyways, what to discuss next. 18:37:49
 
chrisfl_ 18:38:42
Pick something from the wiki page.    
toffehoff trying to find the wiki page in this forest of open windows.... 18:39    

chrisfl_ 18:40:24
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Strategic_working_group/Articles_of_Association_Review    

toffehoff 18:40:38
got it, thanks.
Do we miss anything that is not mentioned on the wiki page? 18:42:00
 
chrisfl_ 18:42:17
Good start.
I think I've given everything a heading. 18:42:29
but we may well find new stuff to think about. 18:42:48
 
toffehoff 18:43:28
What about proposals....
or how are they called .... 18:43:37
 
chrisfl_ 18:44:51
do you have an example?    
toffehoff scratching behind my ear 18:45    

toffehoff 18:46:25
.... if the members want something changed on a subject that is not on the agenda of the AGM    

chrisfl_ 18:46:52
So member proposals during a meeting.    

toffehoff 18:47:20
or before in order to get something on the agenda.
ah..... the word is resolution.... 18:47:28
 
chrisfl_ 18:47:45
members resolutions?
cool. 18:47:51
Cool we do want to make sure this can happen. 18:48:32
 
toffehoff 18:48:51
Something like, that it needs to have the support of x percentage of the members and needs to be submitted x days before the meeting.    

Eugene 18:49:23
That would be useful.    

toffehoff 18:49:36
There must be some boilerplate text somewhere that can be used....    

chrisfl_ 18:49:53
I'm just looking at what is in Companies Act
So how many members to propose a resolution and how much notice do we think is required? 18:51:50
 
toffehoff 18:52:57
Would we like to have a number of members, or a percentage of members?    

Eugene 18:53:25
Percentage is better.    

toffehoff 18:54:23
Just throwing out a number: how does 10% sound?    

chrisfl_ 18:54:45
10% is possibly quite high?    

Eugene 18:54:45
I thought of the same number     

chrisfl_ 18:55:05
just to get something on the Agenda.    

toffehoff 18:55:13
This should be members that would like to have the resolution discussed.
They do not need to agree with the resolution. 18:55:23
 
chrisfl_ 18:56:16
true - at the moment how many people would that be?    

toffehoff 18:56:53
Euh ... about 20 ....    

chrisfl_ 18:57:27
okay - 10% sounds reasonable. I was thinking 10- 20 people.    

toffehoff 18:57:47
Let's also have the number open for discussion.    

chrisfl_ 18:58:19
cool    

toffehoff 18:58:34
The main objective is not to have things on the agenda the rest of the meeting does not find interesting enough to talk about.
Days of notice .... 3 weeks? 18:59:03
.... again just throwing out a number .... 18:59:23
 
Eugene 18:59:36
1 month?    

chrisfl_ 18:59:43
This is the companies act bit:
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/46/part/13/chapter/2/crossheading/circulation-of-written-resolutions 18:59:45
I think 1 month is good 19:00:26
 
toffehoff 19:01:23
ok ....
chrisfl_ can you also link those Company Act texts in the wiki-page? 19:01:51
 
chrisfl_ 19:02:21
Will do - I have a link to the main act but can put in more specific links.    

toffehoff 19:02:37
Thanks.
It's just passed the hour .... 19:02:45
 
Eugene 19:03:59
Indeed... I haven't noticed     

toffehoff 19:04:27
Time is going fast when you're having fun 
Let me try and arrange a meeting with Francis. 19:04:59
 
chrisfl_ 19:05:02
I've tried to keep up with minutes are we've been talking: http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Working_Group_Minutes/SWG_2011-05-2
cool 19:05:13
 
Eugene 19:05:18
Great!    

toffehoff 19:05:51
chrisfl_: looks good!
Will you paste in the irc-log? 19:06:13
Or shall I? 19:06:18
 
chrisfl_ 19:06:19
will do    

toffehoff 19:06:23
Awesome.
I think we've touched every subject of the AoA the past weeks..... 19:07:20
 
chrisfl_ 19:07:26
Cool - can we try and make sure that eveything we want to cover is listed on the wiki page then we can work down the page as an Agenda?    

toffehoff 19:08:17
OK, If we all think of something we've missed, add it to the wiki page this week.    

Eugene 19:08:35
OK    

chrisfl_ 19:08:59
great all. Also I presume we're all happy with last weeks minutes?
Next meeting same time next week? 19:09:10
 
Eugene 19:09:16
Yes.    

toffehoff 19:09:18
yes
... on both questions.... 19:09:26
Talk to you later then... 19:10:02
 
chrisfl_ 19:10:07
Cool I grab the log up to here then.