October CWG Meeting
2021-10-04 14:00 UTC
Agenda / Notes
Maggie in attendance from LCCWG
- Recruiting moderators for the OSMF lists - message drafted for the mailing lists but could be mirrored on the OSMF blog and then promo’d on social media
- Sub-committee will dissolve once recruitment for mods is done
- LCCWG has its own OSM diary as a group space for publishing - could be promoted via OSMF social media or replicated on blog (if appropriate). Could be good place to take ideas from for future blog posts.
- Local chapters congress coming up that could also benefit from CWG support
- LCCWG meeting notes could include section on upcoming initiatives that could be supported by the CWG
- Idea: Someone from CWG to ‘cover’ local chapters congress.
- Maggie to share messaging on moderator recruitment and to organise shared space for LCCWG to document comms needs and support requests
- Pete and Ben discussed topic offload given Ben’s new kid - ongoing conversation
- Ben to move his energy to focus on supporting specific social media promotion (project, initiatives, etc)
- Wille shared password for Instagram, but doesn’t look like you can share permissions #
- Pete to contact LinkedIn support directly to try and reset credentials (Ben heard from Darafei Praliaskouski, Steve Coast, and Henk Hoff about access, none have it.)
- Work out how to manage Insta access
Guidelines for Guest posts
Needs continued conversation
- Pete to share the MSF Scientific Days example on the same wiki page
Blog presentation Cleanup
- Improvements made already.
- Categories not well supported by our theme, but not a priority at the moment
ACTION: CLOSE ISSUE
- Do we want to implement a new theme for the OSMF blog?
- Could pay for the service?
- Further discussion needed
Who / how many people actually read the blogs?
- Harry to check in with Tom from OWG on what additional analytics are available and how to access
Finalize CWG joining proces
- Mikel to look at documentation for new member onboarding
- Harry to review and and make any necessary changes to https://gitlab.com/osmfoundation/cwg/-/wikis/New-member-decision-making
ACTION: Mikel to follow up
Local Chapter posts
ACTION: Check in with Dorothea on coverage for this…??
Etiquette and moderation (LCCWG) milestone
Local chapter congress promotion (LCCWG)
Discourse instance - community sensitisation support? - Tobias to check when would be good for CWG to support
Mastadon instance announcement? - Amanda to finalise
New member outreach
See names above.
- Amanda gave an update on current Promotional Material Programme, incl. new design submited by an OSMer
- Amanda shared the idea of making new OSM leaflets advertising the OSMF’s Active Contributor Programme