Board/Minutes/2018-05-24

From OpenStreetMap Foundation

Draft Agenda
Location: Mumble, Thursday 2018-05-24 at 21:00 London time

Participants

Board members

Guests

Open to all OSMF members.

Guests are welcome to speak at the end of the meeting on the topics that have been discussed. Please note that text messages sent on Mumble chat may not be seen by people who join using mobile apps.

Not Present

Administrative

Previous minutes

Circular Resolutions

Previous action items

The list is sortable and collapsible.

Name Date Action item and status
All 2018-03-15 to send a reminder about etiquette guidelines on osmf-talk, talk & facebook page
All 2018-02-15 to clean-up the SotM draft policy document
All 2017-11-16 to send an email to members, months in advance of the 2018 Annual General Meeting, encouraging them to discuss and perhaps propose their own resolutions.
Frederik 2018-04-19 to do a short writeup regarding the recent CiviCRM issues, which will be sent to experts who might be able to help.
Frederik/Mikel 2018-03-15 to look at providing CiviCRM discount codes for State of the Map 2018. Will also look at how many people have already signed up and offer partial refund or suggest donation.
# 2018-04-20 Update: CiviDiscount has been fixed by Tom.
Frederik/Paul 2016-05-28 to prepare transparency document from transparency session
Kate 2018-02-15 to follow up with Grant about the technical workaround of having conference announcement banners on osm.org linked to landing pages on the website
Kate 2018-01-18 to initiate discussion about 2018 priorities over email.
Kate 2018-01-18 to update the etiquette and add a reporting plan
Kate 2018-01-18 to email F. Davey about Conflict of Interest advice and cc Paul
# Done
Kate 2017-08-24 to write to the Advisory Board list about microgrants
Kate/Martijn 2016-05-28 to draft diversity policy
# No progress to report. Low priority.
Martijn 2017-11-16 to create the draft of the microgrants policy, separating it from the attempted combined draft with the updated travel policy
Martijn 2017-10-26 to raise the question to the Advisory Board about whether they would like to have an archive of the AB mailing list
# Martijn will prepare a brief orientation document for the AB and will ask then.
Martijn 2017-07-18 to look at the process of regular reporting by the Local Chapters to the board and vice versa.
Mikel 2018-04-19 to handle emailing and getting quotes from CiviCRM experts, in relation to our recent CiviCRM issues
Mikel/Paul 2018-03-15 to look at the ten most active mailing lists and see if people listed as admins are active in the moderator role, what is in place, and how they manage the lists.
Mikel 2018-01-25 to work on potential updates on the circulars' procedure to vote on.
Mikel 2017-08-24 to send email on the list to find businesses that would like to offer input on the Welcome Mat
Mikel 2016-08-19 to send round bullet points on diversity policy proposal
Paul 2018-04-19 to document the evaluation process of software and services used by the OSMF. Related to our FOSS policy.
Paul 2017-02-21 to separate the State of the Map (SotM) net profit discussion items and start the follow-up discussions
Paul 2016-10-28 to create a page on the wiki, listing software products which are used by OSMF and are closed-source and/or are externally hosted
# Was Peter's
Peter 2017-04-18 to make a list of requirements for email self-hosting and discuss them with the Operations Working Group

Action item updates

Belgium Local Chapter application

OpenStreetMap Belgium has applied to become the OSMF Local Chapter for Belgium. All necessary documents and translations have been received. The local and membership consultation period has ended. Local consultation: OSM-talk-be, forum.osm.org - users: Belgium, OSM-BE on Matrix: 1 and 2. Membership consultation.

Related discussion: Sep 2017

Lead: Martijn

GDPR preparation update

The General Data Protection Regulation will come into effect May 25, 2018. The Licensing Working Group (LWG) has asked for feedback on a document with a set of recommendations. The necessary steps for GDPR preparation have also been discussed during the recent Face-to-Face board meeting (28-29 April).

Related LWG discussions: Apr 2018, Mar 2018, Feb 2018, Nov 2017, Sep 2017, July 2017
Related Board discussions: Apr 2018, Mar 2018, Feb 2018

F2F blogpost, sharing actions

The Board had a face to face meeting in Karlsruhe.

Related: osmf-talk message

Advisory Board - monthly update

The Advisory Board (AB) is an entity separate from the OSMF board of directors, composed of individuals - either nominated by corporate members of the OSMF or invited directly by the OSMF board of directors. The OSMF Board of Directors will publicly minute, in the board meeting minutes, any communication sent to, or received from, the AB. This monthly section is reserved for this purpose.

AB related Board discussions:
2018 Mar, Feb, Jan
2017 Oct, May (F2F), Apr, Mar, Feb, Jan

Lead: Martijn

Any other business

Guest comments or questions

Next meeting

Meetings take place on the 3rd Thursday of the month, at 21:00 London time, unless rescheduled.

The next monthly board meeting will be on the 21st of June, at 21:00 London time, unless rescheduled.

Meeting end