CWG meeting 2022-03-07
March CWG Meeting
2022-03-07 14:00 UTC
Agenda / Notes
Pete started to post to OSM twitter (SotM retweets for now)
Guidelines for Guest posts [Pete]
- Pete hasn’t done any work on this since last time, nothing to report.
- Courtney happy to take this forward and try and develop a draft to critique or react to…
- Pete and Courtney to catch up on this for context
Blog analytics [Harry]
Who / how many people actually read the blogs?
- Harry (not preset) has access to Piwiki.
- Some small mention on CWG mailing list about piwik, but no-one has heard much more
- Mikel isn’t sure piwiki gives everything he wants.
- wait for Mikel to articulate the requirements
- Harry to check with Tom
Made with OpenStreetMap
Tobias has sense checked with the LWG - over to Pete to think about the ‘campaign’
- Make it clear that this is for fun and not choosing an official graphic for OSM attribution
- People will have very strong opinions
- Could use the wiki to provide a place for uploads and signposting of ‘entries’
- Pete to share materials with cwg in advance to sidestep pitfalls and traps by next month
Stickers / merch
- Amanda has started using the new account(s) for paying for things (Paypal, DHL & Deutsche Post) and the OTRS email ticket handling system for []
- Things are easier and that is good!
Microsoft OS Award
- Pete is drafting this - seeing if we can get quotes from MS and OSMF
International Women’s Day in 8th March - Belgian & GeoChicha’s “strees named after women”?
- Marjan is ‘in process’ witha post about GeoChicas (could be IWD/M or stand alone)
- CW will write up some highlight from SOTMUS and get CWG’s inputs on how to shape as a post.
Discourse instance - community sensitization support?
- Tobias to update - Pete to ping and check in on this
Mastodon instance announcement?
- Amanda is waiting until the Twitter Mastodon crossposter is set up, which should be soon.
WeeklyOSM as a source of content?
- pick out a few stories to go deeper on from an OSMF perspective?
- CWG members to keep an eye out for relevant content for the blog / social media
New ticketing system OTRS
- Amanda to update
- Pete and Tobias to check on “invite to” from Tom Hughes
DISCUSSION: Can we get a better vwersion of the logo that fits the round format? Need to be licensed right…
- Courtney has graphics contacts that could have a go at this.