CWG meeting 2022-10-03
Communication Working Group meeting on Monday 3rd Oct 2022
Agenda / Notes
Blogs posts DONE recently
SOTM Thank You https://blog.openstreetmap.org/2022/09/19/state-of-the-map-2022-thanks/
OpenCage joint press release: https://blog.openstreetmap.org/2022/09/21/osmf-and-opencage-joint-press-release-2/
- possibility in the future of advertising OSM WG engagement - maybe better after on our own channels? OSMF membership drive? Ed Fogle open to this...
10 years of ODbL https://blog.openstreetmap.org/2022/09/14/10-years-of-odbl/
Blog posts in progress?
[Pete] Juan (translator) and Andres (OSM Colombia) are in touch for the notathon blog post - Andres has responded to Juan's 'interview questions' and Juan will now build the post in Spanish
- Pete / Juan will respond to cwg comments and continue drafting
Harry remembered to reply to Andres also (we'll plan how to make a notathon wiki page)
LCCWG Local Chapters Congress - follow up from SotM?
- Pete to reach out to LCCWG - keen but not received anything yet
Invite from OSMF board to communities for a Monthly Presentation (communities or projects or individuals with signifiacant initiatives) - Pete to draft and share with board
Halloween OSM blog post - Harry to draft
Other ideas in the list:
- Why should your chapter become an official local chapter?
- Google summer of code wrap up
- Haiti streets collab
- AGM and board elections - Dorothea (eligibility period has passed)
- New board member intros
- 03 Dec: International Day of People with disabilities
- wheelchair mapping / wheelmap
- tagging of pedestrian crossings with blind details (StreetComplete does this)
- OSM maps for the blind
- Blog post from 2013 https://blog.openstreetmap.org/2013/12/03/disability-mapping-openstreetmap/
- Mateusz tactile mapping project?
- 05 Dec: International Volunteer Day
- SotM local / regional
- Banner / tweet for SotMs? https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/SOTM_Quick_Licence/Requests - Pete to follow up with Arnalie, Victor, Satoshi and Janet
- Blog post retrospective offers
- Steve coasts interview?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB9NxbnE1i0 - Harry to tweet
- Suggested reply to google maps tweet - Pete to tweet
[Courtney] Blog guidelines proposal
- CWG members - reminder to comment
Marjan has done some gardening of the blog post ideas issues
https://gitlab.com/osmfoundation/cwg/-/issues > Blog post issues
Instagram: OSM Instagram posting is continuing as normal. Berrely has helped once. Amanda has asked someone else if they want to help too.
- Pete follow up with Berrely on SM account access
Change to CWG meeting schedule?
Sticking with current time, now that Harry's son is in an afterschool club!
Replace link for cwg meeting from wherever Courtney has found it...