Minutes from 2022/05/06
We discussed potential budget. This is all very cursory based on discussion. Roland will working on turning the budget into the story could be more detailed, and a readable narrative.
- We should set a range from maintaining basis to expansion.
- Servers 100K EUR / year -> 150K USD / year (safely for inflation). More for reserve and growth. Includes insurance, power, hosting.
- 150K -> 200K
- Staff, 3-5 FTE
- 300K -> 500K
- self sustaining
- 0K -> 50K
- Annual budget in range of 450K -> 750K
- Current reserve: 600K in bank, 150K annual in memberships.
- This gives us about 2 years runway.
- EU may have some upper limit on reserves
- Different approach for each group of stakeholders.
- Keep in mind Gunner’s offer of seminar. Approach Gunner for the details.
- Need to paint a big picture vision, but grounded in us as an enabling platform. A global “digital public good”, a core part of the internet, just as important as Wikipedia.
- HOT focuses on human impact. HOT is scanning for funding opportunities, could identify and share. HOT can help in identification of opportunities, maybe help with writing.
- And part of the process is to connect direct to see if it’s ever a fit.
- DIAL – had a fund available for digital public goods.
- Mozilla still has funding available.