Licensing Working Group/Minutes/2020-01-09
OpenStreetMap Foundation, Licensing Working Group - Agenda & Minutes
Thursday January 9th 2020, 20:00 - 21:00 UTC
Adoption of past Minutes
Previous Action Items
- 2017-03-02 Simon to determine existing obligations towards sources listed on the copyright page.
- 2017-05-04 All/Simon to review import guidelines wrt licence “approval”.
- 2017-09-05 Simon to ask Lawdit for quotes for registering for the additional class suggested.
- 2018-03-08 All to look at the Working Groups collecting personal information.
- 2018-04-12 LWG to follow-up on the iD editor, as the number of changesets is now included on the changeset comments thread.
- 2018-04-12 Simon to contact openstreetmap.cymru. The LWG will allow use of domain name on the condition that if there's local group in the future, they will have to concede control to them and get agreement in writing, so that if domain expires it doesn't get squatted on.
- 2018-05-10 Jim to sign the LWG NDA.
- 2018-10-11 Simon to ask the board to contact the Working Groups about the NDA and ask people to sign up.
- 2018-11-08 Simon to ask William to provide information about the Canadian OGL variants he is interested in, in a systematic format.
- 2019-01-10 Simon to draft text to developers of apps related to geo/mapping, having OSM in their names or using variations of our logo.
- 2019-02-14 Simon to summarise the advice regarding information requests from law enforcement and send it around.
- 2019-04-11 Simon to add LWG past guidance which has not gone into the attribution page.
- 2019-07-11 Kathleen to draft one-line attribution statement for the Tile Licence and get feedback from the LWG.
- 2019-08-08 Simon to seek legal advice on potential GDPR/privacy issues with a no-deal Brexit.
- 2019-09-12 Kathleen to talk to iD developers and see what they can implement as an iD internal based solution.
- 2019-10-10 Simon draft letter to board wrt PD checkbox.
|Downstream attribution requirements from the ODbL?|
Osm.org Tile licence
|OSMF tile licence, text for inclusion on copyright page?|
“Twitter attribution thread”
Any Other Business
February 13th 2020 20:00 UTC on Mumble