Local Chapters and Communities Working Group/Meeting minutes/2020-06-15
Meeting started at 15:06 UTC.
- 1 Attendance
- 2 Administrative
- 3 Focus items
- 3.1 Building local community cohesion
- 3.2 Facilitating a global exchange of ideas
- 3.3 Improving the Local Chapters affiliation scheme
- 4 Other business
- 5 Next meeting
- Charles - ZM (joined at 15:10)
- Clifford - US
- Eugene - PH
- Geoffrey - UG
- Joost - BE (left at 15:21)
- Maggie - US (joined at 15:14)
- Rob - UK (joined at 15:08)
- Ben - BE
- Patrick - CH
- Stefano - IT
Approval of the 2020-05-18 meeting minutes
- Approved unanimously
Accept Charles Chilufya to the WG
Background: Charles requested by email to join the LCCWG. He is presently heading the University of Zambia YouthMappers.
- Approved unanimously
- Action item: Joost to add Charles to the email@example.com mailing list.
- Has everybody signed the NDA and submitted it back to Dorothea?
LCCWG OSM user account
- We now have a OSM user account that we can use to write OSM diary entries. Joost has forwarded the password privately to WG members via email.
- Action item: Fill in the account profile description and link to the LCCWG page on the OSMF website.
Previous action items
- Items in bold and highlighted are updates in status or new action items.
|Clifford||Run a survey with existing chapters and chapters-to-be to get their views why they applied/will apply to become a chapter||Summarisation is ongoing
|Maggie||Create SotM 2020 video presentation||Ongoing
|Maggie, Rob||Organise Local Chapters and Communities Congress 2020||Not yet
|Joost||Do a comparison of features of various OSM websites||Summarisation is ongoing
|Eugene||Work with OSM India to become a Local Chapter||Started
|Maggie, Clifford||Support the development of microcosm||Ongoing
|Maggie||Provide easy-to-use welcoming tool||Ongoing
|Ben||Update OSM website to allow messaging from groups to OSM users||Ongoing
|All||Sign NDA with the OSMF||Ongoing||Internal OSMF communication related to Local Chapters Survey|
Per the Terms of Reference, WG members should work on the focus items.
Building local community cohesion
- Action item: Everyone to publicise the test instance widely so that Brian can receive more feedback.
Welcoming new mappers (GL#8)
- Maggie and Joost contacted a few folks to have a meeting.
OSM website feature to allow messaging from groups to OSM users (GL#9)
- No updates.
Facilitating a global exchange of ideas
Comparison of OSM websites (GL#1)
- Updates: Joost had previously done a write-up and Rob has added additional comments.
- Action item: Joost to finalise the report and post it as an OSM diary entry.
SotM 2020 (GL#3)
- SotMWG extended the deadline for submitting the pre-recorded video to June 21.
- LCCWG had a short meeting last June 8. Assigned people should submit their videos by June 18.
Local Chapters and Communities Congress (LCCC) (GL#10)
- SotM 2020 presentation will provide a form to solicit dates for the LCCC.
- Action item: Maggie to create the form.
Improving the Local Chapters affiliation scheme
Local Chapters survey (GL#2)
- Action item: Clifford to send a reminder to WG to provide feedback.
- Action item: WG should make a list of recommendations.
- Action item: Clifford to see how the WG can move forward with this task.
Working with OSM India (GL#5)
- Updates: Eugene started contacting a few OSM users from India.
Switch back to Mumble?
- Geoffrey: OSM/SotM Africa uses Mumble.
- WG agreed to try going back to Mumble at least for the next meeting to see if this will resolve connectivity issues.
- Action item: Geoffrey to instruct Charles on how to use Mumble since Charles has not used it before.
OSMF membership + LC membership
- Action item: Maggie to submit a GitLab ticket to discuss this issue.
Next meeting will be on July 20 (third Monday) at 15:00 UTC using Mumble. Eugene will send a calendar invite.
Meeting ended at 16:05 UTC.