Local Chapters and Communities Working Group/Meeting minutes/2021-09-27
LCCWG 2021-09-27 meeting
Meeting started at 14:08 UTC.
- Jonathan - BE - with apologies
- Joost - BE - with apologies
- Patrick - CH
- Charles - ZM
- Rob - UK
- Sophie - HOT
- Naveen - IN
- Anisa - IT
- Besfort - XK
- Geoffrey - UG
- Naveen - IN
- Jorge - PT
- Eugene - PH
- Adam - UK
- Maggie - US
1.1. Meeting chair
- Adam will chair this month's meeting
1.2. Approval of the 2021-08-30 meeting minutes
2. Main agenda
2.1. Support the development of Microcosms (GL#7)
- Seems to be stalled.
- Adam will try to reach out once the work on the OSM website is done.
2.2. Provide a tool for communities to welcome new mappers (GL#8)
- Jonathan: I didn't really progress on the Welcome Tool since last meeting but I'll deploy it on welcome.osm.be in the next few weeks.
2.3. Develop/design local community website template/tool (GL#13)
- No updates.
2.4. Update the OSM website to highlight Local Chapters (GL#14)
- Ongoing PR was updated to address feedback from sysads. Needs more tests but should wait for more feedback.
2.5. Moderation subcommittee updates
- Provided an update during the OSMF Board's September meeting.
- Suggested to use a Simple English service to provide a readable version of the Etiquette guidelines, possible ask the OSMF for funding.
- Next step is to recruit members for the moderation team including existing moderators.
2.6. Best practices around doing paid work for local chapters
- No updates
2.7. Local Chapters and Communities Congress 2021 (GL#10)
- Wiki page has been updated to look more presentable.
- Program was updated
3. Other business
3.1. Coordination with CWG
- CWG's next meeting is October 4. Time unsure. Maggie has volunteered to attend that meeting if she's available. Topics to raise:
- Moderation team recruitment
- Coordination (lead times, procedures, etc.)
4. Next meeting
Next meeting is on October 25 starting at 14:00 UTC.
Meeting ended at 15:48 UTC.