Local Chapters and Communities Working Group/Meeting minutes/2021-12-20
LCCWG 2021-12-20 meeting
Meeting started at 14:08 UTC.
0. Potential Attendance
- Joost - BE
- Jorge - PT
- Maggie - US
- Geoffrey - UG
- Anisa - IT
- Patrick - CH
- Charles - ZM
- Rob - UK
- Naveen - IN
- Besfort - XK
- Naveen - IN
- Jonathan - BE
- Adam - UK (joined 14:30)
- Eugene - PH
- Arnalie - HOT
1.1. Approval of the Oct 2021 meeting minutes
- https://hackmd.io/0-TsfkuwSA6lnCJuNtYwkw - approved
2. Main agenda
2.1. Support the development of Microcosms (GL#7)
- No real updates.
2.2. Provide a tool for communities to welcome new mappers (GL#8)
- Blog post released
- Several posts in the weekly
- 30-something regions already!
- Jonathan still making improvements
- LCCWG should keep watching what happens
- it would be useful to be able to know if people are living in the region that is being watched
- IP address? Might help, but privacy...
- Lots of new contributors in Uganda using http://centaur.communitymapping.org/mapping-tool/Instructions.html
2.3. Develop/design local community website template/tool (GL#13)
2.4. Update the OSM website to highlight Local Chapters (GL#14)
- waiting for feedback from maintainers
2.5. Moderation subcommittee updates
- Etiquette guidelines approved by Board
- Board is scrutinizing the candidates for the Moderation team
- LCCWG would prefer giving people a shot and for the Board only to intervene when there are issues
- Board should be at arms length of moderation. Similar to DWG.
- Effort for OSM is not always visible, they may have other involvement. There is a plus to outsider perspective
- LCCWG in favor of contacting the Board on this
2.6. Best practices around doing paid work for local chapters
- No updates
- LCCC had a session on the topic, see notes of that
2.7. Local Chapters and Communities Congress 2021 (GL#10)
- Planning doc & Notes: https://hackmd.io/6Pf5g0A1QXaYxsJthKQafg
- Notes should be published
- Publish videos on Vimeo
3. Other business
3.1. Coordination with CWG
- Pete has the notes. Wait and see
4. Next meeting
Next meeting is on January 31 starting at 14:00 UTC.
Meeting ended at 15:22 UTC.