Local Chapters and Communities Working Group/Meeting minutes/2023-01-30
Meeting started at 15:21 UTC.
- Eugene - PH
- Maggie - US
- Joost - BE
- Anisa - IT
- Adam - UK (joined 41')
- Naveen - IN (joined 45')
- Geoffrey - UG
- Arnalie - HOT (with apologies)
- Charles - ZM
- Besfort - XK
- Jonathan - BE
- Patrick - CH
- Rob - UK
- Jorge - PT
- WG Chairmanship. Eugene accepts to become chairperson again.
- Minutes of previous meeting: 2022-11-28
- Old minutes on the wiki? Eugene volunteers to transform to the wiki
- Idea to ask the Board if and how LCCWG can take the lead on this.
- Scope: Limit to things related to community building
- Last time most work was done by a committee appointed by the Board
- Agreed on General model: like a subcommittee of the LCCWG
- Joost agreed to send a proposal to the board
OSM website improvement proposal
- Proposed to create an osm.org landing page that is oriented to new people interested in OSM. See welcome.osm.org or how all the local chapters do it.
- Joost agreed to write a simple start of proposal
- OSMUS has a project to work with like-minded organisations on improving trail data in OSM
- Next step - everyone think on best way to coordinate/collaborate and ensure that OSM trail data is harmonised worldwide
Support the development of Microcosms [GL#7]
- No news that the present people know of.
LCC Congress 2022
- Joost and Maggie agreed to report on the event by drafting a blog post with stats about attendance:
- Maggie agreed to send thank you e-mail once the links are up & include request to get more people involved with the WG
- Note: Link to videos are up but they are wonky so WG might want to redo
Update the OSM website to highlight Local Chapters (GL#14)
- Blog post about the new feature was published last 30 December 2022
Any other business
- State of the Map US in June 2023 in Richmond, Virginia
- State of the Map Asia (TBD, maybe in November 2023)
- State of the Map Europe (TBD)
- OSMit (Italian chapter OSM mapping conference, TBD)
- Wikimania in August 2023 in Singapore
How to guide to become a local chapter
- Eugene suggested that the WG adopt and improve the current text drafted by Allan Mustard: https://hackmd.io/4NfuVm7tSKi3HIB3FKFrNQ
Meeting ended 16:07 UTC.