Moderation team for talk and osmf-talk mailing lists
Moderation team for
- email@example.com mailing list (archive of all messages)
- firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list for OpenStreetMap Foundation members (archive of all messages, become a member of the OpenStreetMap Foundation) and
- the categories "general", "general:tagging", and "foundation" on community.openstreetmap.org
as per the Etiquette Guidelines, following the process for moderation.
About the email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org mailing lists
The persons listed on this page were approved by the OSMF board on 2022-05-23 to moderate the email@example.com and the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing lists, as per the Etiquette Guidelines, following the process for moderation.
email@example.com is the mailing list for all OpenStreetMap community members.
firstname.lastname@example.org is the mailing list for OpenStreetMap Foundation members. Prior to the approval of the moderators, the osmf-talk mailing list was moderated by the Membership Working Group (MWG).
The "general", "general:tagging", and "foundation" channels on community.openstreetmap.org
On November 2022 the self-appointed @forums-governance team on community.openstreetmap.org reached out to the team to see whether its members would be interested in becoming moderators on the Discourse forum at community.openstreetmap.org. The moderators team voted and unanimously agreed. The following channels on community.openstreetmap.org are currently moderated by the team: "general", "general:tagging", and "foundation". By special request, the moderators have also been asked at times to adjudicate alleged violations of the Etiquette Guidelines in other channels, case by case.
Note on moderators of other OSM Foundation-hosted mailing lists and channels on community.openstreetmap.org
Please note that:
- The community.osm.org channel on help-and-support:tagging is different from the general:tagging channel and has different moderators.
- Other mailing lists hosted by the OpenStreetMap Foundation and other channels on community.openstreetmap.org (also hosted by the OSM Foundation) have different moderators.
Talk and osmf-talk mailing lists
If you want to report a moderation issue related to either the email@example.com or the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list, please choose one of the following email addresses (which might change):
- Please use the email subject format: Moderation - [Brief description of issue]
- Please link to the email message(s) related to the issue on the mailing list archives. The archives of the two mailing lists are osmf-talk mailing list archive and talk mailing list archive , and you can find the emails there.
Please note that emails to these addresses are not limited to the aforementioned moderators, but are also read by the administrators of the respective mailing lists. According to the mailing lists page, the administrators of the two mailing lists are:
- talk admins: Mike Collinson, Mikel Maron and Andy Robinson.
- osmf-talk admins: Mike Collinson, Frederik Ramm and Simone Cortesi.
Categories "general", "general:tagging", and "foundation" on community.openstreetmap.org
If you want to report a moderation issue related to the categories above, please use the "report" button on the message with the issue.
On time of response
Please also note that moderators are volunteers and live in different time zones, so some time might be needed before you receive a response.
Rules applied and process for moderation
Minutes are provided by the team to the OSMF board.
- 2023-02-06 Etiquette Violations by Mariotomo - A vote whether to ban his participation on community.openstreetmap.org and the mailing lists - Decision to suspend this user from participation in the community forum and mailing lists for a period of 14 days.
- 2023-02-04 Etiquette Violations by fititnt - A vote whether to ban his participation on community.openstreetmap.org and the mailing lists - Decision to suspend this user from participation in the community forum and mailing lists for a period of 28 days.
- 2022-12-28 Complaint about posts by OSM Community Member Lutz - Decision to suspend this user from participation in the community forum and mailing lists for 1 week.
- 2022-11-22 Request to moderate on community.openstreetmap.org
- 2022-07-16 Block access to offensive talk list messages
- 2022-07-16 Incident Response Anja Xhakani <email@example.com>