(→Where to put it?: revised tv production to encompass video and film production)
* For a '''browsable electronic map''' (e.g. embedded in a web page or mobile phone application), the credit should typically appear in the corner of the map, as commonly seen with map APIs/libraries such as Google Maps.
* For a '''tv production''', the attribution should typically appear in a corner of the map. As long as the credit is on screen long enough to be read, it does not have to remain in view during panning or zooming.
* As an '''electronic database or collection of databases, file, CD''', Place the text in the file itself or in an extra file.
* A '''video or computer'''
* If you are producing library code that offers OpenStreetMap data or tiles, you should make sure library users are aware of these terms. We strongly recommend that you display this credit by default when your library is used.