<font color="blue"> Notes by participants.</font>
* Guillaume Rischard ''(Treasurer)''
* Joost Schouppe ''(Secretary)''
== Introduction ==
* Main Brexit topic.
* Rob's suggestion.
** asset lock is a disadvantage if you want to reorganise. Currently no asset lock, by design, to allow the OSMF to evolve into a final form.
* GDPR questions: move personal data to Amsterdam?
* Consider https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweat_of_the_brow ▼
* Consider https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweat_of_the_brow
== In favour of moving ==▼
== In favour of moving ==
* Existential: Keep sui generis database rights [https://www.gov.uk/guidance/sui-generis-database-rights-after-the-transition-period](https://www.gov.uk/guidance/sui-generis-database-rights-after-the-transition-period). We still have other protections, but this is a big one and has been useful in the past.
* Paypal easier.
* (EUR) banking.
* Possible to receive tax-free status as a foundation in Luxembourg?
We currently pay about £6000 in tax per year. Will increase with iD/SRE funding income.
* Easier rules regarding membership.
* EU representative for the OSMF for GDPR purposes (a separate issue which is however solvable by simply determining a rep). Kathleen thinks not necessary.
* Keep .EU domain.
Possible relocation lawyer: [https://paperjam.lu/guide/organisation/01233884150/wirtz-avocats Wirtz in Luxembourg]
* It's a lot of work.
* It's a
*lot * of work.
* Cost (lawyers, registration...).
* Time budget/bandwidth of board.
== Points to consider ==
* Moving assets (IP especially).
* AoA change?
* Change membership? Does every member need to agree?
* Fully new company, or same company moving?
* Would donations be tax-free EU wide?
* Needs to happen
** We would lose .eu domain.
** By publishing database dumps outside of the EU, we won't have EU database protection after 1 January.
== Decisions ==
* Start up a legal analysis of costs, benefits, drawbacks and process, to decide on
*if * we should do it.
* Talk to an actual lawyer (Wirtz in Luxembourg?)
** More than one lawyer? One for IP law, one for company law, one UK lawyer?
* Offset the workload to committee/someone who can do paid work on this?
== Action item ==
Guillaume and Paul to spend a maximum of three hours talking to lawyers.▼
Guillaume and Paul to spend a maximum of three hours talking to lawyers.