StateoftheMap Organizing Committee/Minutes/2018/2018-07-02 Meeting

From OpenStreetMap Foundation

Most discussions of the SotM Working Group happen on GitHub issues (private repository). The meetings take place every second Monday on the Mumble server of HOT project. The frequency of the meetings might increase in the last weeks before the conference.

These minutes are no formal minutes but serve to inform the membership about the activity of the working group. There is no guarantee that all meetings are minuted. See also our entries on blog.openstreetmap.org.

GitHub issue numbers are given in braces.

Time and location: 2018-07-02 19:00 UTC, HOT Mumble server

Present: Alessandro, Christine, Francesco, Gregory, Marco, Michael, Rob

Lead: Rob

Minutes by: Gregory

OSMF State of the Map Working Group Minutes 2 July 2018 19:00 UTC


Italian translation service

  • We have enough budget.
  • Agreed to contract.


Volunteer drive session (122)

  • on 17:40 in breakout room or courtyard


Booklet

  • close to ready now
  • sponsors content? Michael has all content now, except Maps.me & KAART - no time left to wait for them.
    • we should just add their logos for their content. ACTION: Rob to find their colour logos by tomorrow evening
  • Metro map now finished
  • social event page needs to be done, rewriting content to-be-done
  • Maps to crreate & add (1 on back cover, 1 on page opposite social event)
  • a few mistakes mentioned
  • Legal text would be better as "State of the Map 2018 is jointly organised by the OpenStreetMap Foundation, in association with Politecnico di Milano and Wikimedia Italia." so it's clear who is the main organiser/responsible organisation.(or something to that affect)
  • agreed about no abstracts?
  • this had already been agreed
  • titles/authors of presentations
  • much discussion on trying to fit in as much of the abstract titles as possible
  • On welcome page(3) we could add "Programe: You can view the conference schedule starting on page ?, or see the schedule with talk abstracts at http://2018.stateofthemap.org"
  • can do "<first name> et all" if there are 3 or more people, this is being done
  • will try with expanding the table closer to the edges
  • add the text about buying the ticket using contectless payment cards... "If your journey starts on the metro, you can now use contactless bank cards to pay for your trip."

Poster Competition

  • Now closed
  • About 10 recieved. Just need to check they are all okay to print (nothing offensive or copyright infringement)
  • Can be printed by Geofabrik, who will be able to bring them to Milan on Thursday
  • Local team will put posters in place on Friday

AOB

T-Sshirts

  • They don't have the XXXL size. Asked if they can be replaced with a similar model, or replace with XXL.
  • agreed that they should be same size different model, as long as they are the same colour.
  • male fit and female fit are both in the order
  • Final design is: logo in the front middle, no text. OpenStreetMap is written on lower right side. Agreed
  • Last order in by next Monday evening, and final quantity.

Wikimedia Italia bags

  • Wikimedia would like to buy bags for the welcome pack, so we can put all the things in.
  • The other way to distribute them is that you get the booklet when you register, can have a t-shirt stand/table to collect your t-shirts, other things (like stickers) can be distributed on tables around the foyer area so you can pick up what you like. Otherwise it seems odd to have a bag without a lot in it (sees "naff", boring). Saves time putting stuff in bags (took a long time in 2013), saves bags that get thrown away.

Lanyard inlay printing

  • When is the deadline to tell them what you want printed?
  • We have 1 week, need to send the list on ?next Monday?. Lanyards ordered on the same day.
  • Will also need some blanks included.
  • Do we have a design yet for the lanyard inlay, or do we need to do that?
  • Yes, WikiMedia have someone who will do that.

Number of registrations to date

We now have 272 people registered.

Invitation tickets

  • The community tickets, will they be okay?
  • Yes, that will be fine.

Meeting ended at 20:20 UTC.