StateoftheMap Organizing Committee/Minutes/2019/2019-06-06 Meeting
Most discussions of the SotM Working Group happen on GitHub issues (private repository). The meetings take place every second Monday on the Mumble server of HOT project. The frequency of the meetings might increase in the last weeks before the conference.
These minutes are no formal minutes but serve to inform the membership about the activity of the working group. There is no guarantee that all meetings are minuted. See also our entries on blog.openstreetmap.org.
Time and location: 2019-06-06 21:00 CEST, HOT Mumble Server
- Early bird phase
- Setup Engelsystem
- Vouchers for volunteers
- Telegram group
Adam, Christine, Gregory, Marco, Melanie, Michael, Martin, Yair
Minutes by Michael
Publish Early Bird End
- suggested by Marco
- general agreement that we publish it
- to be published on the booking site, i.e. less prominent
- Early bird will end on 7 July.
Vouchers for Volunteers
- Everybody has to be registered in CiviCRM. Therefore, volunteers need a voucher.
- Vouchers required for:
- Manfred and his pupils
- Prof. Zipf?
- Send list of recipients to Christine, she will return a voucher.
- The vouchers can be used as a replacement for payment during the booking process.
- 83 tickets sold already, sales runs quite well.
- Vouchers in the past:
- keynote speaker
- Christine asked Dorothea how many vouchers were required in the past. Dorothea responded about 100 or more.
- Do WG members pay?
- In the past working group members sometimes paid themselves and sometimes not.
- Creating a voucher reserves a place.
- It is a voucher code per person.
- Gregory suggests to create a GitHub ticket where volunteers can ask for a code.
- Christine suggests to use ticket #81. The local team is asked to come up with a full list to allow creating vouchers in one single batch. It would be good to get this list until 23 June (our next meeting)
- Christine asks whether catering contract was signed already.
- Christine asks whether they looked for suitable providers.
- Found provider of fair-trade shirts, will look for store in Heidelberg.
- About the fair-trade shirts: German company producing in Tanzania, cotton can be traced back.
- Should we reuse the old public group?
- The group is currently more or less inactive.
- The group is useful during the conference but maintaining it then is a lot of work (it depends how much you want to post there).
- discussion whether to use it as an additional communication channel now
- Christine suggests to ask the community if someone volunteers to maintain the group.
- Marco will recover the group credentials from Wikimedia Italia
- Our treasurer forgot that VAT has to be paid.
- We will loose 19 % of our ticket income but we have enough sponsors.
The meeting ended at 21:28 CEST.