Working Group Minutes/EWG 2022-08-15
- Tobias Knerr
- Andrew Hain
- Jochen Topf
- Rob Savoye
- Robert Koeze
- Roland Olbricht
- Brandon Liu
Touch base with Harry if present
Serval meetings ago Harry offered to share some work he's thinking of doing on the OSM website. Specifically in regard to a list of things he'd received from Frederik.
Harry was not able to make the meeting. It was discussed that the group might attempt to connect with Harry at SotM.
Jochen has completed his data model study (40 page pdf)
Jochen's talk: https://2022.stateofthemap.org/sessions/W3AGY8
There will also be a BoF
It should be on Jochen's blog at the time of SotM.
We as EWG want to response to the document not earlier than some weeks after the SotM to increase visibility, aiming at the Weekly.
Review updated bid
Touch base about status of project description.
- OSM Community post: https://community.openstreetmap.org/t/rfc-on-engineering-working-group-project/1542
- openstreetmap-website feedback: https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/3129
- Issue raised on Github: https://github.com/osmfoundation/ewg_bidding/issues/3
- Rails Port muting feature email thread
Consensus is to merge the GitHub PR https://github.com/osmfoundation/ewg_bidding/pull/5
Follow up on osm-carto frustration
Discuss the topic of clickable POIs. Roland still plans to discuss the topic with osm-carto maintainers.
GDPR follow up
Simon Poole's post about GDPR: https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/SimonPoole/diary/399367
Ask Mikel to send any material he has about the previous attempt (TODO Robert).
Had the LWG been involved before the first attempt such that makes sense to look for insight there? What about the necessary policy decisions?
Revisit on next meeting.
Tigerfell does not have the capacity to coordinate feedback on the ideal outcome of a unified homepage and wiki login from the wiki team.
There is some recent activity on the relevant GitHub issue: https://github.com/openstreetmap/operations/issues/507
Postpone until after Jochen/Harry/GDPR/Carto/"'Mute' call for bids" projects
Additional Project Ideas
Call for additional project ideas.
Any other business
Minutes of 2022-07-04 can go on the Wiki.
Robert will look after 2022-07-18 notes.
SotM meetup plans
Use the BoF system to arrange a time + room
Roland to gather "blocked" times where some members have their own talks
Guests are welcome.
Next meeting is 2022-08-29: https://osmcal.org/event/1519/