Working Group Minutes/EWG 2022-11-21
- Robert (excused)
- Touch base with Ramya to give updates on the brief summary Adam and Roland put together to be shared with the community.
Adam will edit and expand on the blog post discussing what has happened with the discussion surrounding the proposed data model changes.
- Touch base with Adam about status of blog post
It is decided that Andrew will write an FYI message to Tom and Andy.
GDPR follow up
We received a reply from Mikel with the materials produced by the board:
There are three different sub-projects:
- Rails Port only changes
- Rails Port and CGImap in sync changes
- planet tools, including telling the mappers a paradigm of what is happening to their data
Roland will scan for those items that affect Rails Port only. Goal: make a project description from that.
It is decided that we will turn one of these into a project in January.
Discuss website redesign issue
It was felt that the scope of this is too large to be addressed at this time.
- Link: https://github.com/openstreetmap/operations/issues/764
- Documentation of Data Items: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Data_items
- Thoughts how to transfer it: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Roland.olbricht/Data_Items_as_Relations
- rip out
- get Wikidata working
- employ TomH (or task Grant)
- fork Wikibase
- contact Wikimedia for specific support
- dump the data, Noop?
Roland will write a note to Tom about this.
Additional Project Ideas
Any other business
Next meeting is 2022-12-05: https://osmcal.org/event/1733/