Annual General Meetings/2017/Minutes

From OpenStreetMap Foundation

11th Annual General Meeting of the OpenStreetMap Foundation

(Draft Minutes)

Date: 09 December 2017
Place: IRC chat room #osmf-gm on the IRC network irc.oftc.net.

Board Members

  • Kate Chapman (wonderchook) [Chairperson]
  • Frederik Ramm (woodpeck) [Treasurer]
  • Martijn van Exel (mvexel) [Secretary]
  • Peter Barth (peda)
  • Mikel Maron
  • Paul Norman (pnorman)

Other Foundation Members

This list includes both normal and associate members:

Alan McConchie, Ben Abelshausen, Benoit Fournier, Chris Foote, Clifford Snow, David Dean, David Luswata, Dorothea Kazazi, Dylan Moriarty, Ethan Nelson, Eugene Alvin Villar, Euler Taveira, Geoffrey Kateregga, Heather Leson, Holger Blum, Holger Schöner, James Blake Girardot, Joost Schouppe, Jorden Verwer, Joseph Reeves, Kai Krueger, Manfred Stock, Melanie Eckle, Michael Reichert, Michael Spreng, Nelson A. de Oliveira, Nicolas Chavent, Nils Larsen, Oliver Briedenhahn, Paul Williams, Rafael Avila Coya, Rory McCann, Satoshi IIDA, Severin Menard, Tim Schumacher, Tim Waters, Tobias Knerr, Vincent Privat, Yves Cainaud

(39 non-board foundation members - for a total of 46 attendees who are members)

Guests

Martin Dittus, Raytoon, FredM

Meeting Start

The meeting commences at 16:00 UTC and voting closes.

Agenda

Kate links the agenda.

Minutes of the last Meeting

Last year's minutes were accepted (seconded by Peter Barth, Paul Norman).

Chairperson's report

The Chairperson's report is linked.

Kate asks if there were any questions and says that questions can also be asked later on the diary or on osmf-talk. No questions are asked.

Treasurer's report

The Treasurer's report is linked.

  • Had assumed to spend more on legal and on hardware than we actually did.
  • Had budgeted £40k income from corporate members but got (so far) £55k.
  • Planned funding drive did not happen - probably next year.
  • New accountant and new online accounting platform, which will probably allow us to generate more and better human-readable financial statements.

Frederik asks if there were any questions, and says that questions can also be asked later on osmf-talk or by contacting him directly. No questions are asked.

Election to the Board

There are 4 candidates competing for 2 seats.
The number of voters is 754 and there are 478 valid votes and 11 empty votes.

Counting votes using Scottish STV.

Results confirmation
The results from the OpaVote platform were double checked by Michael Spreng (Membership Working Group) using OpenSTV.

Candidates Heather Leson and Paul Norman are elected.

Any other business

No items are raised.

Thanks to

Ilya Zverev, who is stepping down.
David Dean and Joost Schouppe, for being nominees.
Michael Spreng, who checked the Opavote results.
Members of the Foundation, for attending.

Meeting End

The meeting closes at 16:28 UTC

IRC Log

The meeting was conducted over IRC.
IP addresses have been obfuscated.

16:00:25 wonderchook: Hello Everyone, it is 16:00 UTC and time to open the 2017 Annual General Meeting of the OpenStreetMap Foundation.
16:00:48 wonderchook: If you have not already if you could please message dorothea_ with your name so you attendance can be noted and added to the meeting minutes
16:01:47 wonderchook: we are closing the vote at this time as well so we can tally it and provide the results later in the meeting
16:01:55 wonderchook: has anyone not voted that needs to?
16:02:54 wonderchook: here is the agenda for today's meeting: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/AGM17
16:03:46 wonderchook: Up now on the agenda is approval of the minutes from the previous meeting: https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Annual_General_Meetings/16/Minutes
16:04:27 wonderchook: as a reminder someone will need to motion to approve the minutes
16:04:44 mvexel: I move to approve the meetings as linked above
16:05:07 peda: seconded
16:05:13 pnorman: Seconded
16:05:27 wonderchook: The minutes from the 2016 AGM are accepted
16:05:48 Kateregga1 has quit
16:05:49 Kateregga1 (~9a490f35@**********) has joined
16:05:55 wonderchook: Prior to sharing the chairperson's report I'd like to take a moment to thank Paul and Ilya for their service on the board for the past year.
16:06:13 mvexel: second that!
16:06:23 woodpeck: +1
16:06:31 xivk: +1
16:06:51 wonderchook: Here is the chairperson's for this year report. Any questions? If you have questions later you may ask in the diary or on OSMF-talk: https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/wonderchook/diary/42917
16:08:33 wonderchook: Next up is the treasurer's report. woodpeck, the floor is yours
16:08:43 mvexel: as an aside to the members present: if you hear from anyone having trouble connecting through irc.oftc.net, you should be able to connect through https://webchat.oftc.net/ as well
16:08:48 yvecai (~yaaic@**********) has joined
16:08:53 woodpeck: i've published a report ahead, on the osmf wiki here:
16:09:03 woodpeck: https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Finances/Treasurer%27s_Report_for_the_December_2017_AGM
16:09:19 PaulTheArchivis (~oftc-webi@**********) has joined
16:09:27 woodpeck: generally, the 2017 business year was very slow compared to our budget -
16:09:37 woodpeck: we had assumed to spend more on legal and on hardware than we actually did,
16:10:01 woodpeck: and we had originally planned to run a funding drive to pay for that but didn't do that in the end
16:10:20 woodpeck: we had budgeted £40k income from corporate members but got (so far) £55k
16:10:42 woodpeck: so things are looking good, but nevertheless we'll likely do a funding drive next year again -
16:10:56 woodpeck: in order to not depend too much on income from large corporate members.
16:11:09 woodpeck: other than that -
16:11:40 woodpeck: as i mentioned at the end of the report we're moving to a new accountant and a new online accounting platform, which I hope will also allow us to generate more and better human-readable financial statements
16:12:02 woodpeck: those of you who follow the quarterly statements i publish on the wiki will probably agree that they are not exactly easy to understand.
16:12:16 woodpeck: pfft... nothing more to add really.
16:12:31 woodpeck: if anyone has questions, you can ask me here now or later on osmf-talk
16:14:24 wonderchook: Next up is the election results. mvexel I leave it to you
16:14:41 mvexel: thanks woodpeck
16:14:59 mvexel: we had a good turnout
16:15:27 lusdavo (~oftc-webi@**********) has joined
16:15:33 mvexel: out of 754 eligible members, we received 478 valid ballots
16:15:53 mvexel: that's 63%
16:16:36 mvexel: the results were double checked by datendelphin just now using OpenSTV so we are ready to announce
16:17:23 mvexel: Our newly elected chairpersons are Heather Leson and Paul Norman
16:17:43 Free_Bird: Chairpersons?
16:17:56 mvexel: Congratulations to both, and thank you all for participating
16:17:59 wonderchook: board members
16:18:21 mvexel: sorry Free_Bird, that was confusing wording
16:18:53 mvexel: The anonymized results will be available to anyone who would like to do their own checking
16:19:01 heatherleson: thank you.
16:19:18 DavidDean: Congratulations Heather and Paul!
16:19:27 mvexel: Are there any questions about this topic?
16:19:29 heatherleson: my regards to fellow candidates and to those stepping down from the board (Ilya)
16:20:53 Free_Bird: I have a question: were there any invalid ballots?
16:21:15 mvexel: Free_Bird, yes, 11 empty ballots
16:21:23 xivk: Congrats heather and paul!
16:21:39 dmoriarty: Congrats Paul n' Heather!
16:22:02 mvexel: Also thank you to the candidates who were not elected, David Dean and Joost Schouppe
16:22:03 Free_Bird: Thank you, mvexel, and of course congratulations to Heather and Paul.
16:22:12 lusdavo has quit (Remote host closed the connection)
16:22:32 Kateregga1: Congrats Heather and Paul!
16:23:02 wonderchook: next up on the agenda: any other business
16:23:04 heatherleson: i would also like to extend a special thanks to David and Joost. I truly enjoyed reading their wiki comments and think they are invaluable to osm
16:23:09 joost_schouppe_: Thanks, it's been an interesting ride. Congrats to Heather and Paul. Will be pestering all of the board from the MWG from now on :)
16:23:23 heatherleson: Great!
16:23:25 ben_fournier: Congratulations to Heather and Paul, deep thanks to Joost and David, and Ilya! See you around all
16:23:49 pnorman: Thanks to everyone for running.
16:23:57 eulerto (~eulerto@**********) has joined
16:24:31 diakhasso: Thanks for the work setting up the GM, producing the reports and running the GM, congratulations to Heather Leson and Paul Norman for their election, to Joost and David as well as all the voting members (diakhasso aka Nicolas Chavent)
16:24:40 numenor (~numenor@**********) has joined
16:26:14 wonderchook: Now is there any other business?
16:27:10 wonderchook: If not I motion we close the meeting.
16:27:22 mvexel: I second
16:27:31 mkl has quit
16:28:05 pnorman: Also seconded
16:28:24 wonderchook: The 2017 AGM is closed. Everyone have a lovely end of year and thank you for your membership in the foundation