CWG meeting 2018-06-14
- 1 Administrative
- 2 Topics
- 2.1 OSM-US asking for tweet about State of the Map US
- 2.2 Images without "proper" license sent to us to accompany blogposts
- 2.3 New Action Items
- 2.4 Suggestions by individual CWG members during discussions
- 2.5 Any other business
- 3 Next meeting
- Meeting took place: on Mumble
- Date: 2018-06-14
OSM-US asking for tweet about State of the Map US
Accepted. We should watch to not overcome the tweets about the international SotM
Images without "proper" license sent to us to accompany blogposts
Preference for open licenced images.
New Action Items
Blog post about 14th anniversary of OSM
In August this year, we're 14!. This year the project birthday, the OpenStreetMap 14th Anniversary Birthday party will be celebrated on Sunday, 12th August 2018 in cities all around the world! In some cities, people will meet on 11th or a week later.
- Volunteered to write post: Dorothea & Harry.
Announcement about Bing Streetside imagery in iD
Blog post about iD community channels
- Volunteered to write post: Jinal
SotM2018 tweet ideas
- Tweet pics of schedule (different days)
- Tweet about OSMF-related sessions (local chapters, Joining a WG)
- Example: Coming to State of the Map in Milan? Attend the Saturday session at 17:40-18:30 on how to "Get involved in the OSM Foundation"
- Tweet about keynote
- In #Milan July 28-30th? Join #sotm [link to SotM website]
- There are [number] of talks at State of the Map on a wide variety of topics! Get your tickets here [link]
Translation of board minutes on OSM wiki
Dorothea to create a suggested "template" with warnings in two languages and contact the French OSMers. Suggestion that minutes are translated after they have been accepted (so with 1-month delay).
Suggestions by individual CWG members during discussions
Develop procedure for accepting tweets
We also have https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Suggested_tweets which we could make more known
Select top topics from weeklyOSM and tweet about them
Any other business
CWG meeting on IRC or Mumble
- Meetings on Mumble last less
- Meetings on IRC have the advantage of automatic logging
- One of the participants had connection issues to Mumble using the web link
- Decision to have the next meeting again on Mumble and see how it goes