Working Group Minutes/EWG 2022-08-01
- Andrew Hain
- Ramya Ragupathy
- Rob Savoye
- Robert Koeze
- Tobias Knerr
- Adam Hoyle
- Roland Olbricht
Discuss new note taking app
Ramya presents her investigation into ChaosPad alternatives.
- we can pick on already hosted servers from https://github.com/ether/etherpad-lite/wiki/Sites-That-Run-Etherpad
- tried https://pad.education/ - no team option, but named pads possible; however unclear if these names are unique
- pads can't be private
Chaospad - Team site:
- Admin account invites sent for a test setup https://osmewg.pads.ccc.de
- OpenStreetMap domain name already taken for team site
- Can group all pads related to team in one place
- Pads can be archived
- All team pads can be downloaded as a zip file
- Option of public and private pads
- No way to name pads
- Team name can be modified under application configuration section
Decision: Use the Chaospad Team site
- Migrate existing content to the Chaospad team
- Robert to add all EWG members to the Chaospad team
OSM website mute feature
The group discusses feedback on updates to project description of the "Mute other users" openstreetmap-website feature.
- OSM Community post: https://community.openstreetmap.org/t/rfc-on-engineering-working-group-project/1542
- openstreetmap-website feedback: https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/3129
- Issue raised on Github: https://github.com/osmfoundation/ewg_bidding/issues/3
- Rails Port muting feature email thread
- Functionality when a blocked user sends a message (silent rejection?)
- Other notifications -> project description should not affect the functionality of other notifications, in particular not changeset comments
Task: Robert to send the project description to the project maintainers again
Working with Harry
Discussion with Harry Wood is postponed.
Postponed, waiting for Roland's communication with osm-carto maintainers.
Robert has reached out to Simon, but has not heard back yet.
Additional project ideas
Tobias mentions the idea of CityGML import tooling, which is briefly discussed.
Any other business
Would the EWG meet at SOTM?
- No specific agenda, but we can try and meet people attending the conference in-person
- Maybe coordinate over IRC to organise a meetup
Next meeting is 2022-08-15