Working Group Minutes/EWG 2022-08-29
- Tobias Knerr
- Andrew Hain
- Brandon Liu
- Paul Norman
- Roland Olbricht
Touch base with Harry if present
It is decided to carry this over to the next meeting
Jochen has completed his data model study. Follow up on conversation has happened at SOTM.
Study is now licensed CC BY-SA 4.0
Preliminary discussion site was set up: https://github.com/osmlab/osm-data-model/discussions
It is suggested that we discuss on the Github Discussions page and touch base next meeting about the result of those discussions.
Things to consider:
- more official publication?
- general discussion / next steps
Decision: Confirm that Jochen has delivered what we asked for, ask him to send an invoice.
The decision is unanimously approved.
- shim layer wanted? possible?
- How to unglue ways?
- When to inform data downstream users about the changes? (suggestion: not before actual implementations are available)
Review updated bid
Touch base about status of project description. Currently waiting for feedback from maintainers.
- OSM Community post: https://community.openstreetmap.org/t/rfc-on-engineering-working-group-project/1542
- openstreetmap-website feedback: https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/3129
- Issue raised on Github: https://github.com/osmfoundation/ewg_bidding/issues/3
- Rails Port muting feature email thread
Carry over to the next meeting to finalize it given that Robert is not present.
Follow up on osm-carto frustration
Discuss the topic of clickable POIs.
Discussion between EWG and osm-carto maintainers has not taken place so far
There was discussion in response to a question from the OSMF board: https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/4581
Actionable item: ask osm-carto whether they want help
- do you need a piece of software
- shall we facilitate contact with someone
Clear statement: osm-carto is in CartoCSS and based on server-side rendering, hence independent of a vector tile style.
One thing to do: local maps, is a UI problem, find a venue to discuss this (for example website Github repo, OWG Github repo)
GDPR follow up
We received a reply from Mikel with the materials produced by the board:
https://blog.openstreetmap.org/2018/11/03/rfq-changes_to_rails_api_and_cgimap/ - https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/GDPR/Affected_Services - https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/images/8/88/GDPR_Position_Paper.pdf
Move to next meeting.
Tigerfell does not have the capacity to coordinate feedback on the ideal outcome of a unified homepage and wiki login from the wiki team.
There is some recent activity on the relevant GitHub issue: https://github.com/openstreetmap/operations/issues/507
It was decided to move this to the archive of project ideas.
Additional Project Ideas
Call for additional project ideas.
No one offered up any additional ideas.
Any other business
Next meeting is 2022-09-12: https://osmcal.org/event/1534/