Annual General Meetings/2018
12th Annual General Meeting of the OpenStreetMap Foundation
The 12th Annual General Meeting of the OpenStreetMap Foundation was held online in the IRC chat room #osmf-gm on the IRC network irc.oftc.net, at 16:00 UTC on Saturday, 15 December 2018.
The IRC wiki page will have information on how to connect to IRC.
Foundation members voted to elect a new board in December.
- You do not need to attend the meeting to vote but you need to be a member or associate member throughout the period of 30 days prior to the date of the meeting.
Winners are Tobias Knerr and Joost Schouppe.
- The OpaVote results were announced after confirmation by Steve Friedl (Membership Working Group) using OpenSTV.
Detailed results are here.
Two seats were available in this election (of Peter Barth and Martijn van Exel). Meanwhile the terms of Kate Chapman, Mikel Maron, Paul Norman, Heather Leson and Frederik Ramm continue. There are a total of seven seats on the foundation board.
If you see yourself as the OSMF's next treasurer, please read the email of our current treasurer, Frederik Ramm, and stand for election!
- To become a director on the board, you must be a member, not an associate member. We have set-up a page on the OSM wiki to enable people to announce their candidacy. The deadline for members to put themselves forward for election is 17 November.
- If you want more information about what the board does and does not do, scope of the OSMF board has an overview of the scope. A lot of the Foundation's work is done by working groups, and if you want to help the Foundation, you can look at joining those.
- If you see yourself as the OSMF's next treasurer, please read the email of our current treasurer, Frederik Ramm, and stand for election!
Questions to Candidates - New process
This year (based on discussions on osmf-talk and within the board) we thought it would be a good idea to have a structured question gathering process.
- We invite members to post their questions to Talk:Foundation/AGM18/Election_to_Board, up to 17 November.
- When nominations close (or shortly after), Michael Collinson will act as a facilitator and will gather the questions, organise them and will publish an official set for the candidates.
- Candidates will be then kindly asked to submit their answers and manifestos directly to Michael Collinson (firstname.lastname@example.org) and cc our administrative assistant (email@example.com). It's up to the candidates to answer all the questions or just a few of them. Our suggestion is to answer all of them.
- When all candidates have submitted their answers via email, there will be a given date when all answers/manifestos will be published at once. The proposed date is: 2018-11-30.
- Then discussion commences, preferably until 2018-12-08 16:00 UTC, when voting opens.
We expect this to be the official election campaign process. We won't restrict members to continue to talk on our members' mailing list nor will we restrict candidates to continue discussions, but we don't encourage them to do so. The official answers and questions thereof should be what voters use to judge.
Only fully paid up members will be able to vote, and only those who have already become members 30 days prior to the AGM date. If your membership has lapsed, will lapse soon or your status needs updating, please handle it now.
Voting members will receive an email from the on-line voting service with links to the on-line ballot for each ballot measure. The election will be carried out under single transferable vote rules (STV). Each foundation member will cast their vote by ranking candidates according to their preference. A maximum of two will be elected.
See the voting information and instructions.
Key election dates
- 2018-11-06: Start of submission of nominations and questions on the OSM wiki.
- 2018-11-15: Deadline for becoming a new member eligible to vote or to stand for election.
- 2018-11-17: Deadline for members to put themselves forward for election by adding their information on the candidates' table.
- 2018-11-17: Deadline for members to post questions for the candidates to Talk:Foundation/AGM18/Election_to_Board.
- 2018-11-17: Official set of questions published by the facilitator.
- 2018-11-30: Candidates' answers and manifestos published by the facilitator or the board.
- 2018-11-30 to 2018-12-08 16:00 UTC: Community discussion.
- 2018-12-08 16:00 UTC: Voting opens (exactly 1 week before AGM).
- 2018-12-15 16:00 UTC Start of Annual General Meeting on IRC, Deadline for voting.
Will gather the questions from the community, organise them and will publish an official set for the candidates. Will also get via email the candidates' answers (administrative assistant will be cc'ed).
Access to OpaVote online platform
- Dorothea Kazazi (Administrative Assistant)
- Steve Friedl (Membership Working Group)
Confirmation of OpaVote results with OpenSTV
- Steve Friedl (Membership Working Group)
- Apologies for Absence
- Minutes of the last Meeting
- Chairperson’s report
- Treasurer’s Report
- Election to Board
- Any other business