Board/Minutes/2015-08-22

From OpenStreetMap Foundation

MINUTES for the

OSMF Board Meeting

Location: Mumble, Saturday 22 August 2015

Participants

Board members

  • Kate Chapman (chair)
  • Paul Norman (minutes)
  • Frederik Ramm (joined during action item review)
  • Henk Hoff
  • Kathleen Danielson
  • Dermot McNally

Guests

Not Present

  • Oliver Kühn

Administrative

Previous minutes

http://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2015-07-20

Accepted

Circular Resolutions

None.

Previous action items

2015-04-03: Kathleen to have advisory board proposal for 2015-07-20 meeting (Done)
2015-06-15: Henk to follow up on status of sending email to those who signed up at SOTM US
2015-06-15: Henk to talk to SOTM US organizers about sending a follow-up email to all attendees
2015-??-??: Kate to email Management Team thanking them for service. (Done)
2015-07-20: Frederik to resend admin position draft (Done)
2015-07-20: Paul to get trademark list from LWG

Advisory board

  • not convinced it makes sense for effort to set up and maintain vs value. Somewhat of a solution in search of a problem
  • Item originated with discussion of chairman emeritus.
  • Delay the advisory board until we feel we need one

Converting to CiviCRM

Action item was not added from last time, but should have been.

Tests being run for sending reminder emails, but need to wait for daily batch job to run by itself

If successful, plan is to move to import the list to CiviCRM tomorrow or before next month

Gradually moving forward in setting up page where people can sign up on webpage itself and renew online

Initial deployment won’t be using civicrm for user-facing, but will move towards more automation

SOTM US sign-up follow-up

Henk re-emailed Martijn, but no reply yet

SOTM US attendees follow-up

Asked if the feedback form contained a link for signing up with OSM US or OSMF in email mentioned above

Admin help

Email resent on 2015-07-24.

Next steps?

  • clean up job offer
  • Put out on OSM channels with due date
  • Interview some candidates
  • Come up with shortlist
  • Select and hire

Frederik to refine wording and resend Frederik to draft down selection process and process of working with them later on

Trademarks

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Trademark#Trademarks

Need a list of what we are attempting registration on

Expensing travel to conferences

Okay with Henk traveling to SOTM LatAm.

In general

SOTM International travel is covered, but come forward to board with estimate before incurring costs

Others (including regional SOTM) are case by case, and need to come forward with estimate before incurring costs

To do: a circular to add to rules of order or other applicable place

Community Survey

Henk and Kathleen talking about how to get more people active

Want to do a survey trying to know our people

Need have a help from people who know how to generate the right survey

We need to collect more information

  • What market rate is
  • Ask people we know involved

AGM 2015

Francis is no longer in independent practice, so we need a new person to help us with legal company matters.

LWG deals more with project matters than company matters.

Can we contact Francis?

We should set a date, and figure out if we need to do a random selection from Kate, Oliver and Dermot for the second board member who's retiring (i.e. if anyone is choosing to retire). As the board member who has been longest since being elected, Henk will be retiring.

A retiring board member may run for re-election.

Henk and Dermot intend to retire.

Announce that we will have an AGM this year, online-based, with a board election.

Action items:

Paul to draw up timeline of companies act requirements.

Henk to contact Oliver to get him to send email announcing his intention to retire.

Frederik to send message to osmf@ announcing intention for online AGM with board election

AOB

Chairman Emeritus

deferred for time reasons

HOT Trademark

Paul and Simon to arrange call

Next meeting

~4 weeks

Meeting End