Location: Amsterdam, 2016-05-28 and 2016-05-29
The minutes have re-ordered some items from how they took place in the meeting.
- 1 Participants
- 2 Administrative
- 3 Opening Circle
- 4 Articulating Board Member Commitment
- 5 Committing to Greater Transparency
- 6 Comparing perspective on "leadership"
- 7 Admin help
- 8 Diversity / Change of Whatever
- 9 Finalizing Open Source Policy
- 10 Corporate membership
- Peter Barth
- Martijn van Exel
- Mikel Maron
- Paul Norman
- Frederik Ramm
- Ilya Zverev
- Kate Chapman
Routine administrative matters were not handled at this meeting.
Overview of proposed agenda
Discussion of day 1 afternoon items
Articulating Board Member Commitment
Each Board Member will be invited to weigh in on what they consider their level of commitment and availability to OSMF and OSM at the present time. At the end of this session board members will have a deeper and more explicit understanding of both the motivations and availability of each of their peers.
Committing to Greater Transparency
As the board meets to address organizational business, we’ll focus first on seeing how we can make a greater commitment to transparency to the OSM Community. At the end of this session, Board will have better view of transparency within the OSMF, and possibly several concrete modifications to the practice of transparency.
Comparing perspective on "leadership"
Diversity / Change of Whatever
What is currently working
- Translation of Blog
- Local Chapters
- SOTM (Stipends)
- Spending money on legal things
- Supporting developers with visibility
- Support of regional SOTMs
- Supporting WG operations
- Providing a platform where people can map even if those in power disagree
What we want to change
What We Want To Change
- Thematic Local Chapters☻☻☻
- Diversity Policy☻☻☻
- Groom WG/Board members from underrepresented regions☻☻☻
- Multilingual Membership Survey☻☻
- Local Chapters Network☻☻
- Individual OSMF ambassadors☻
- Supporting developers (grants)☻
- Support ($?) localizations of docs / tools☻
Finalizing Open Source Policy
- Corporate member income important