Board/Minutes/2016-09-25

From OpenStreetMap Foundation

Location: Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB), Pleinlaan 2, 1050 Brussels

Date & time: 2016-09-25, 15:15 local time

Participants

Board members

  • Peter Barth
  • Kate Chapman (via web)
  • Martijn van Exel
  • Mikel Maron
  • Paul Norman
  • Frederik Ramm
  • Ilya Zverev

Guests

  • Dorothea Kazazi

Not Present

Administrative

Previous F2F tasks not gone through

Tasks will be removed to reflect current situation

Donation drive

Discussed member sign-ups and cash donations during SotM
Decided to accept cash donations during SotM Asia
Suggestion of companies using OSM data to put banner about OSM donation drive on their download page
Corporations doing matching
Suggestion to keep time spread-out as we are currently reaching for membership
Talk about recurrent donations: there is a link on the OSMF wiki & it could be done during membership renewal

Action items

  • Peter to make list on board wiki of companies that use OSM data & create proto-mail
  • Martijn to talk to Grant to do recurrent donations

Corporate membership

Added low tier ~ 500 Euros
Corporate Membership text on github: Decision to remove obsolete text
Current members will be transferred to bronze tier
Dorothea will handle Corporate membership
Vote to accept schedule, amount and levels - voted in favour by all
CiviCRM to be used to notify members - With text mentioning to contact for questions
Companies that decide to become members soon?
- Possibly 60 days have to pass (specified in AoA or AGM resolution)
- Suggestion to be accepted and invoiced later

Action items

  • Martijn to write blog post about new corporate membership scheme
  • Dorothea to notify existing corporate members using CiviCRM

Drive to get new members or upgrade

  • Phase 1A: Contacting companies that are already members and see if they are interested to upgrade
  • Phase 1B: Contacting companies that have donated in the past and see if they are interested to become members
  • Phase 2: Contacting companies that are using OSM data, but are not members or have donated. The help of the community will be enlisted to suggest such companies or related persons, that will be contacted by the board

French community made donations en masse (tax reduction) - Can be done with companies together with Local Chapters

Action items

  • Frederik & Dorothea to create OSM leaflet for events, aiming both individuals and companies

Banking

Euro Bank Account - Same problems as existing bank account
Possible handing over bank access to accountant
Estimate of ~ 1000 GBP lost in paypal fees and conversions per year
If all money in GBP, might have lost ~10,000 from Brexit

Action items

  • Looking into issue, with option to transfer GBP in the future

Dorothea's role with WGs

Suggestion of monthly/bimonthly blog post, rounding-up work by WGs & connection with CWG and/or OSMweekly

Commitment to Greater Diversity

Diversity policy: Commitment to Greater Diversity as a goal.
Indication of support by the board would be helpful, i.e. members of the board taking part or looking to expand diversity.
People from Diversity BoF might help.
Combine mission with text about diversity.
There is text on the foundation wiki approximately saying that the goal is to map the world and mappers should represent the world.
Last years F2F (scope of board + core values).

Action items

  • Mikel to find diversity text
  • Paul to write short statement regarding diversity

Other

Martijn to notify board when US has done policy on smaller grants
Possible support for OSM presence during 33C3 (banner/leaflet/stickers?)

Action items

  • OSM stand banner used during SotM will be given to person that will be at OSM table during 33C3

Points not discussed due to time limitations

Local Chapters & advisory board
AGM
Code of Conduct

Next meeting

2016-10-21 (This has been rescheduled for 2016-10-28)

Meetings are now recurring, 3rd Friday of each month, 18:00 London time, unless rescheduled.

Meeting End