Board/Minutes/2016-09-16

From OpenStreetMap Foundation

Location: Mumble, 2016-09-16, 1800 London time

Participants

Board members

  • Ilya Zverev (joined at later point)
  • Martijn van Exel
  • Mikel Maron
  • Paul Norman
  • Kate Chapman

Guests

Open to all members

Not Present

  • Peter Barth
  • Frederik Ramm

Administrative

Previous minutes

Board/Minutes/2016-08-19 Accepted

Circular Resolutions

None

Previous action items

2016-05-28: Paul to put out call for EWG volunteers
2016-05-28: Martijn to find someone to work with to distill action items and next steps for diversity objectives
2016-05-28: Mikel to support revitilization of CWG
2016-05-28: Martijn/Kate to draft diversity policy
2016-05-28: Martijn/Kate to revise reframe/finalize corporate membership policy
2016-05-28: Ilya to compile a draft of an OSMF monthly newsletter from WG & board minutes
2016-05-28: Ilya to elaborate on and possibly find local OSMF ambassadors
2016-05-28: Frederik/Paul to prepare rules of order change + transparency doc from transparency session
2016-08-19: Mikel to review his notes for an agenda/list of topics for the last F2F
2016-08-19: Mikel to put LC discussion notes on the board wiki.
2016-05-28: Frederik/Paul to prepare transparency doc from transparency session
2016-08-19: Martijn to incorporate most recent corporate membership comments, post to board@ and osmf-talk@, then start circular
2016-08-19: Martijn to get donation website in good shape for launch of drive
2016-08-19: Mikel to send round bullet points on diversity policy proposal
2016-08-19: Frederik to send draft budget PDF to WGs for overview of glaring problems (Done)
2016-08-19: Paul to send blank LWG+MWG NDA agreement to board (Done)
2016-08-19: Frederik to ask osmf-talk@ for help finding a bank that better suits our needs (Done)
2016-08-19: Ilya to look at implementing means for members to view the membership register

Advisory board

Best way to get started is to start a list with some but not all members of the board + corporate members of right tier + anyone we might invite

SOTM in person meeting

  • Start during the break between 3rd and 4th session on Sunday (2016-09-25)
  • Mikel to check with SOTM team what content of closing session will be, in order to see if we can miss it
  • Paul to do doodle checking how late people can stay if closing session can be missed
  • Paul to put together the agenda on OSMF wiki

Corporate membership

  • Take guidance and turn it into blog post
  • Current corporate members become bronze members
  • For members upgrading:
    • Give credit for remaining portion of existing membership
    • Start a new membership
  • Martijn to change wording addressing earmark concerns
  • Once approved, send to membership (corporate and non) and takes effect 60 days after that

Donation drive

Paul and Martijn to clone last donation drive site later today.

Prepare:

  • Slide for sponsors deck (Dorothea)
  • Launching partners? Probably not enough time
  • Aim for matching donors
  • Will we take cash at SOTM? Ilya to check with Frederik
  • Banner for osm.org
  • Announce in opening session at SOTM. Martijn to get up on stage
  • Dorothea working on stand banner and stickers.

AOB

Announce Dorothea

Next meeting

Online meetings are now recurring, 3rd Friday of each month, 18:00 London time, unless rescheduled.

Next face to face board meeting on 2016-09-25, during State of the Map.

Meeting End