Review budget draft, and what do we need to finish and approve?
Notes by participants. Might be enriched.
- Allan Mustard (Chairperson)
- Paul Norman
- Rory McCann
- Guillaume Rischard (Treasurer)
- Joost Schouppe (Secretary)
- Tobias Knerr
- Mikel Maron
- Status: in progress
- Currency: GBP
- State of the Map (SotM) assumed 0 (usually surplus)
- Starts August 2020 (misses previous months)
- Report on spending YTD would be helpful.
- Having external reporting Jan-Dec, and internal budget Aug-Aug needs real clarity in transition, and ongoing new and existing Board members.
- Quarterly reporting. Can be useful for getting a regular picture of our projections and spend.
- Report SotM expense categories by year for clarity.
- Take into account budget cycle of donors. have tracking mechanism for donor details on their fiscal year and budgetting process, to align asks (both regular and opportunistic at EOY use it or lose it points).
- Ask this as we do administration for current fundraising cycle.
- Light-weight communication strategy/blogpost.
- List Google Summer of Code (GSoC) income in Engineering Working Group's (EWG) budget (added post-meeting).
On budgeting process for Working Groups (WGs)
- Ask Working Groups for estimates on yearly basis.
- Ask on end of year for 9 months.
On discrepancy for Licensing Working Group (LWG) between expected and spent
- Budgeted amount probably for contingency.
- Guillaume Rischard (Treasurer) to send an updated version of the budget spreadsheet/specific tabs to Dorothea for publishing.
- Guillaume to ask Working Groups if they want to update their [budget] numbers.
- Guillaume/Communication Working Group (CWG) to announce ahead of time that we're going to look at a budget.
- Board to approve budget.
- Guillaume/Michelle (accountant) to consider breaking up SotM by year.