Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Creating software dispute resolution panel
Notes by participants. Might be enriched.
This session took place in parallel with "Legal team and Brexit implications - resolve how to respond". A summary was provided to the other group.
- Mikel Maron
- Tobias Knerr
- Rory McCann
- Paul Norman
- Allan Mustard
The rest of the board members participated in the parallel session "Legal team and Brexit implications - resolve how to respond".
- Steps to selecting composition of this group
- Choose something people will trust can come to resolution ([name=Rory])
Data Working Group (DWG) offer
- Allan: DWG say they are overloaded already. Software different from data integrity. Lack of geographic diversity in the group.
- Mikel: the DWG works on a task assignment basis, rather than deliberative body
- Paul: why did we ask the WGs? most tagging issues shouldn't be raised to a dispute
- Mikel > community asked. intention was to receive interest and then assess.
- Rory: DWG has relevant experience, but we'd need to see a concrete proposal. Is geodiversity that much of an issue for resolving these disputes?
- Tobias: skepticism of appointment vs some way of earning responsibility. so lean towards known group. geodiversity historically not main cause of disputes (producer v consumer, different use cases)
- Give to DWG.
- Rory: could help increase DWG membership.
- Mikel: unsure about how membership selection works in DWG.
- Tobias: could give it to DWG with charge to make a subgroup.
- Have DWG make nominations.
- Invite nominations from DWG and from wider community.
How to select
- Rory: Board would need to vote on the composition. With five people selected, then we can practically determine its make up.
- Allan: We need to assess past work and reputation of these folks to see that they will do well. Look at their application.
- Allan will start drafting a document with questions to the Data Working Group (DWG) about what their implementation could look like. We're still seeking a proposal, and still holding the decision
- Allan to start online document with intention to send in 1 week.
Pending issues, not addressed
- how will the panel ultimately be composed?
- who else will be interested to join?